Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Alert: Rule Changes  (Read 20675 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Alert: Rule Changes
« Reply #105 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:03 PM »
It's not impossible that it could be delayed. Some of the other things on their to-do list have been.

http://transparency.number10.gov.uk/transparency/srp/view-srp/40/54

Not getting my hopes up though!

Just a few weeks ago, Green was saying "we'll shortly be announcing it". But the more recent economic-ILR document just said "we'll be making an announcement later this year". So it could have been delayed.

Also worth noting that recent indications were that any new rules wouldn't apply to people already here.

• Liked: 6
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2012, 06:53:41 PM »
Did you apply already kbee?

Not yet.  Since hubby and I are heading over together and I'm applying to ILE, I want as much in the bank as possible, so I'm waiting for one more paycheck next Friday to put more money in our savings as we have been.  So next week is the time for me!  I'm nervous as hell, too...can't help it.  It also doesn't help that my BIL can't help us with accommodation, so we're having to use a hotel reservation along with a list of flats in our initial budget...nervous about that hindering it as well.

How are you doing, Hobnob?

« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2012, 07:19:50 PM »
Not yet.  Since hubby and I are heading over together and I'm applying to ILE, I want as much in the bank as possible, so I'm waiting for one more paycheck next Friday to put more money in our savings as we have been.  So next week is the time for me!  I'm nervous as hell, too...can't help it.  It also doesn't help that my BIL can't help us with accommodation, so we're having to use a hotel reservation along with a list of flats in our initial budget...nervous about that hindering it as well.

How are you doing, Hobnob?

Good luck with the application! 

I'm doing great.  Boyfriend got his ILE in November and had it dated for February 15th.  We started looking for jobs in early January, and I was offered a job a couple of weeks ago!  (Did it all by phone and webcam interviews too which was awesome!)  Boyfriend has also had a couple of phone interviews, but after speaking to his current employer it's looking likely that he'll actually be able to keep his current job and work from home!  So I'm moving in mid-April from Cambridge MA to Cambridge UK (the fourth time I have moved between the two Cambridges now!), and he'll follow a couple of weeks later.  We have found someone to take over the lease on our apartment, and now we're trying to pack and sell stuff on Craiglist.  It's all very exciting!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #108 on: March 08, 2012, 07:27:59 PM »
Yay, Hobnob and kbee!! It's all coming together.
>^.^<
Married and moved to UK 1974
Returned to US 1995
Irish citizenship June 2009
    Irish passport September 2009 
Retirement July 2012
Leeds in 2013!
ILR (Long Residence) 22 March 2016

« Reply #109 on: March 08, 2012, 08:08:34 PM »
Yay, Hobnob and kbee!! It's all coming together.

:) :)

• Liked: 6
« Reply #110 on: March 08, 2012, 10:08:24 PM »
That's right!  I'm so happy for you guys.  That's wonderful news about the jobs!   ;D

I'm with you on the getting rid of stuff.  We are just doing it to not rush when the time comes.

Also, thanks for the well wishes on the application.  I didn't think I would be this stressed, but I am.  Yikes!   ;)

Thanks, BD...now it's going to be your turn soon!   ;D

• Liked: 1
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2012, 03:20:20 AM »
I really, really hope these changes are delayed till after Aug/Sept of this year (at the least)!! That's when I can apply. *fingers crossed* Good luck to all of you applying soon! :)
"Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it." -Eat Pray Love

beth@medivisas.com
medivisas.com

« Reply #112 on: March 09, 2012, 03:47:24 AM »
Thanks kbee!

« Reply #113 on: March 13, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »
So, we're officially past the statutory deadline for April 2nd changes.

Any idea what this means for family route migration?

« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2012, 12:58:16 PM »
The first round of changes have been posted and will be on the UKBA site momentarily, within the next 1/2 hour or so.  This round affects the economic side only.

« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2012, 01:15:53 PM »
Thanks so much for posting the update Transpondia. Have I read the information on the UKBA website correctly??? Have they not announced any changes to the income requirements for spousal settlement sponsors? I've been holding my breath on this one and before I heave a sigh of relief that I may get my visa before the minimum income levels change, I want to be sure I didn't miss it somewhere.

Thanks again!

« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2012, 01:17:07 PM »
I think he is saying they haven't posted anything yet for the family path.  

So the first round of changes focuses on the economic side and other rounds will follow.

« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2012, 01:22:32 PM »
Ahhhh ok. I wondered because at the end of the page it says

"We have previously announced the changes to settlement, overseas domestic workers and students in a series of news stories"

Which reading it as it is, lead me to believe that any other imminent changes had already been previously announced.

Perhaps I'll continue holding my breath?

• I made it here, so far so good!
  • Liked: 4
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2012, 01:24:06 PM »
Sorry if I've asked this before, but will these changes affect Work Permit holders applying for ILR?  It only mentions "Skilled Workers" on UKBA but I am suspicious why Work Permit holders aren't included, as we are economic migrants as well. Thanks for clarifying!
Moved from Washington DC to the Orkney Islands November 2007
Received ILR October 2012
Received UK Citizenship April 2014

• Liked: 3597
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2012, 01:34:51 PM »
Ahhhh ok. I wondered because at the end of the page it says

"We have previously announced the changes to settlement, overseas domestic workers and students in a series of news stories"

Which reading it as it is, lead me to believe that any other imminent changes had already been previously announced.

Perhaps I'll continue holding my breath?

No, they are actually talking about the earlier news stories regarding the changes that they are now officially announcing today.

So, in this case the 'settlement' announcement is the new restriction being placed on Tier 2 work visa holders for them to qualify for ILR (settlement).

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab