Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Day four waiting... what the heck LA consulate??  (Read 2330 times)

• God only knows what i'd be without you
  • Liked: 0
Re: Day four waiting... what the heck LA consulate??
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 10:55:29 PM »
thanks everyone... i'm feeling better about it and I really hope everything just works itself out on monday! thank god for this board! ;)

AMEN to that!

« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 08:22:28 AM »
Ok so this is the 2nd time I have had to send my visa to the LA office. 1st time I received an email notifying me that my application was received and that they were processing it in 15 days. Well I just mailed them my reapply and I have received none of those emails and it's been 4 days. I do have confirmation from the postal service that they were signed and delivered but I am freaking out because I haven't heard anything from the LA office yet. Anyone else had that problem?

Actions taken so far have been to email worldbridge and complaintslavisa@fco.gov.uk. Any other suggestions?

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 09:29:23 AM »
You want to complain after four days, one of which was a holiday?  Are you kidding?

Vicky

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 09:36:20 AM »
Ok so this is the 2nd time I have had to send my visa to the LA office. 1st time I received an email notifying me that my application was received and that they were processing it in 15 days. Well I just mailed them my reapply and I have received none of those emails and it's been 4 days. I do have confirmation from the postal service that they were signed and delivered but I am freaking out because I haven't heard anything from the LA office yet. Anyone else had that problem?

Actions taken so far have been to email worldbridge and complaintslavisa@fco.gov.uk. Any other suggestions?

Have you read any other threads on this forum about the LA consulate? There's a well-documented delay there between applications being delivered and opened. Four days? Good grief.

ETA: What Vicky said.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 09:38:03 AM by Mort »
And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2009, 09:41:58 AM »

Valium?

And if you threw a party
Invited everyone you knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say
"Thank you for being a friend!"

• God only knows what i'd be without you
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2009, 11:24:31 AM »
I feel bad for your situation. This sucks big time. I think we all need to calm down when it comes to our apps (myself included) but I can see why you are in full blown panic mode. You have a courier giving you "advice" and it's throwing fuel on a fire. Just keep us all updated about what a ECO TELLS YOU to do.

::huggy::

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2009, 04:26:46 PM »
4 days is nothing, especially since it sounds like you didn't use a courier, especially when there's been a holiday *and* issues with biometrics. So just relax, use whatever you need to use to relax (that's within the confines of the law, of course) and depending on where you live enjoy the weather (or bundle up and hide) :)
Met fiance (online): 2001
Started dating: 12/2005
Met fiance: 09/2006; 06/2007
UK Trip: 03/2008; 10/2008
Engaged: 11/2008
Married: 05/27/2009
Spousal visa app: 06/02/2009
Biometrics: 06/26/2009
Consulate received app: 07/01/2009
Approved: 07/02/2009
Moving Date: 09/04/2009

*I'm not any sort of immigration expert; I just play one on the telly*

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2009, 05:13:54 PM »
Ok, granted this was 4 years ago  :o but my student visa from LA took 12 business days to process.  4 days is nothing.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2009, 08:30:20 PM »
just a little update, today I received 2 emails: one from "worldpay" saying my first application fee of $747 had been refunded (without my asking for a refund yet) and also an email from the consulate,:

"Hello xxxxxx,

Your refund has been applied for and should be processed shortly if it has not already. The information you were told, that you will need to reapply, is correct, because, due to the biometrics problem, your application has been voided.

Regards,
Visa Section"

I'd already reapplied and paid the NOW HIGHER visa fee (roughly $843) and i'm going in for my second biometrics tomorrow than over-nighting my documents to the courier. I'm still planning to write another letter asking to be refunded the difference between the higher and lower fee since I applied before the fee changed occurred.

Hopefully all goes well this time around. I miss my fiance so much, today was my intended travel day. :(

• Have passport, will travel.
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2009, 08:54:48 PM »

I'd already reapplied and paid the NOW HIGHER visa fee (roughly $843) and i'm going in for my second biometrics tomorrow than over-nighting my documents to the courier. I'm still planning to write another letter asking to be refunded the difference between the higher and lower fee since I applied before the fee changed occurred.

Hopefully all goes well this time around. I miss my fiance so much, today was my intended travel day. :(

I am so sorry that because of a biometric glitch your application has been delayed this way. :( But I'm glad to hear that your money was refunded without you having to chase that down. I really hope you can them to refund the difference in application fees because that really isn't fair on you due to the problems with their system. The best of luck to you in being reunited with your fiance as soon as possible!

Will you have to pay your courier another fee for the application?

Anyway, here's to a speedy application process for you this time around, Lexi!
Amy
I knit so I don't kill people.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab