Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where is 'home'?  (Read 2493 times)

• Liked: 0
Re: Where is 'home'?
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2012, 01:34:58 AM »
While I agree that you can call as many places "home" as one likes...I think the point the OP was trying to make is that he now sees the UK as home and wishes others would stop referring to Atlanta as his home. 

Nothing wrong with that.  Apparently he has put Atlanta behind him, has no intention of moving back and wants his wife and MIL to refer to UK as his new found home. 

To MagikRat, I would say if it really bothers you have a heart to heart with your wife.  Let her know you have come to love the UK, see it as home and that it really bothers you when she refers to Atlanta as your home.  Hope this helps...and good luck

• Liked: 2
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 05:34:44 AM »
And of course there's a difference between home as a place and home as a feeling. Somewhere that feels like home may not be obviously so to others, mind.

In my case, England is home, even though I am not living there right now. It is the place I feel most at home, that simple. Where I am now is home because I live here, but definitely isn't "home". Make sense?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »
Home is where the heart is!!

• Magic is all around you, you just have to look....
    • Design site
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »
I can fully understand your issues with it. Mine is a bit different. Hubby is a Brit but for now we are stuck in the States. Yet, I will never refer to where we currently live as home. We still hope (and pray) that the rules change to our benefit so we can both get back to the Uk, as to us both, England is our home.
Even when life seems at it's most dark and despairing.. there is within the power to make change.

Priority Spouse Online App Submitted: 1 March 2019
Biometrics Appointment: 1 March 2019
Documents uploaded: 1 March 2019
Docs Sent to NY: 1 March 2019
Docs Received in NY: 4 March 2019
"Application Is Being Prepared for ECO" Email: 11 March 2019
Decision Made Email Received: 1 April 2019
Visa Received:2 April 2019 YES!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab