Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Where to find cornflour for cornbread?  (Read 7621 times)

• Liked: 47
Re: Where to find cornflour for cornbread?
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2016, 01:28:31 PM »
I always just bring back grits from home. They were part of our wedding favours so I still have a good supply right now. :) I'll be back in America in July so I'll get some more then. Not a fan of the instant ones myself. SoS if you're desperate for them I can try to get some extra and send you some this summer. Provided I've got the extra weight available in my suitcase. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
April 11, 2012-Began talking online
June 2012-Officially dating
August 2012-Met in person
Aug 2012-Nov 2012-Tier 4 (General)
Aug 2014-present- Tier 4
Oct 2015-Wedding!!! and spouse visa sometime after that and before the Tier 4 expires

• Liked: 1903
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2016, 04:03:55 PM »

I like this.

I see you checking the cupboard..."Uh oh, grits is getting low...."

I will check with Tesco....and lay in a stock!

Sometimes I think that the only reason Tesco keeps selling it is because I keep buying it.  My cupboards are full and the kids are tired of eating grits. 

Is anybody else in Twickenham buying grits other than me?  There's a few Americans I know here but most are Northerners. 

By the way, Twickenham now has 4 American BBQ rib shack places.  They are OK every once in a while but 4 seems excessive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2016, 09:56:43 PM »
Tesco sells grits and the website for the cornmeal is natco  http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=255575078 [nofollow] also try the tesco corn flakes everyday value that are like 30p put them into a blender it makes great coating for fried chicken..just do about double the mixture and then half flour.. in separate bowl add about 2 whisked eggs and about 1-2 cups milk..dip chicken in the egg mixture roll in the flour corn flake mixture and redip in egg redip in cornflake mixture pan fry.  dip once for less battered..work w fish as well since the fish here is a tepura/beer batter type batter and not the cornmeal USA batter type

Sponsored Links