Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority service suspended  (Read 772 times)

• Liked: 3
Priority service suspended
« on: March 31, 2022, 12:20:39 AM »
Hi all,
Started working on my spousal visa application last night. We were planning to use the priority service so that I could fly in with my British husband and daughter. However, as we tried to select the priority service, there were no options except standard for any locations. After a bit of searching online, it appears that all priority and super priority services have been suspended at this time because of the prioritization for Ukrainians. Hopefully, the standard service won't take too long and the munchkin and I can arrive within a week or two.
Just wanted to let others know in case there was someone else in the same situation that wanted to use priority services.
A

• Liked: 4985
Re: Priority service suspended
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2022, 08:31:08 AM »
Ah, yes, they removed it about 10 days/2 weeks ago.  Hopefully it won't take too long to process but I honestly don't know how long it is taking.  Standard is 3 months but may take longer due to the influx of applications.  Fingers crossed!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2022, 01:30:10 PM »
If I have already started the application process from the US, would it be possible for me to cancel it and start the process from inside the UK instead? With a toddler and our house now already sold, my husband is booked on a flight May 31 with our dog, it's going to get pretty tricky if the standard process takes 3 months or more. So I would be staying behind with the toddler for however long it would take.
I work remotely for an international company, who is planning to change my residence to the UK once my visa is complete. Can I continue with working remotely, getting paid in the US while in the UK until my visa is complete? Just trying to figure out how to keep us from being apart for too long.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2022, 01:52:21 PM »
If I have already started the application process from the US, would it be possible for me to cancel it and start the process from inside the UK instead? With a toddler and our house now already sold, my husband is booked on a flight May 31 with our dog, it's going to get pretty tricky if the standard process takes 3 months or more. So I would be staying behind with the toddler for however long it would take.
I work remotely for an international company, who is planning to change my residence to the UK once my visa is complete. Can I continue with working remotely, getting paid in the US while in the UK until my visa is complete? Just trying to figure out how to keep us from being apart for too long.

I'm afraid that wouldn't work. You can only apply for a partner visa inside the UK if you're already in the UK on a visa which permits you to live there. You can't switch from a visitor's visa.
Similarly, you must have permission to work in the UK to work remotely.
Fingers crossed you don't have to wait too long.

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2022, 02:39:54 PM »
Hopefully it isn’t a long wait.  Unfortunately you’ll need to sort short term housing or bunk down with friends/family until your visa is approved.

Can your husband delay moving until you have your visa?

• Liked: 4
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2022, 11:43:55 AM »

I did wonder if this might happen - completely understandable and no comparison in terms of suffering and anxiety.

For us though can I ask, if my wife's current spouse visa expires on 16th April will she be allowed to continue to work after that as long as she has got her application for ILR (or extension depending on the test) in before that?

Does the UKVI issue some kind of holding application number that would be accepted by her employer? If she can't work we will be in our own far-more-minor pickle.

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2022, 11:55:43 AM »
I did wonder if this might happen - completely understandable and no comparison in terms of suffering and anxiety.

For us though can I ask, if my wife's current spouse visa expires on 16th April will she be allowed to continue to work after that as long as she has got her application for ILR (or extension depending on the test) in before that?

Does the UKVI issue some kind of holding application number that would be accepted by her employer? If she can't work we will be in our own far-more-minor pickle.
It is only the priority service for applications made outside the UK that has been suspended, due to a high number applications being made from abroad.

As far as I know, the in-country Super Priority service for FLR and ILR is still available to purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2022, 12:08:51 PM »
Ah right - thanks. I'll try to report back on the in-country situation next week anyway.

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2022, 12:46:45 PM »
BUT.....  yes, she will still be allowed to work, use the NHS, etc., so long as she applies before her expiry date.  She's covered under Section 3c.  Her employer would be able to verify with UKVI that she has an outstanding application and she is still legal to work.  Only thing she wouldn't be able to do is travel outside the UK.

While they haven't 100% cancelled the priority services, I think there are very very very few slots (based on what I've heard from others).

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2022, 01:14:55 PM »
Thanks KF - so much. I had read about Section 3C after I saw this post so good to know it does apply to us.

We'll see if there are any priority slots at all, and if not give in to the idea of spending the summer in these isles - she'll be thrilled when I break the news!... : )

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2022, 09:57:43 AM »
Just to update on the in-country super priority slots (ILR(M))  - we were able to get one on the first attempt at 2.30 this morning.

Don't know if they appeared on there at midnight, sorry - I hadn't woken up by that stage!

I noticed a huge variation in the price of biometrics appointments - we're in London and the closest option was a 'Premium Lounge' for 219 quid. But we very luckily found one a bit further (Croydon) which had them at around £76, or one free slot which we booked (22nd April).

I also see that they ask you not to bring original documents to the appointment other than passport and BRP card - so they never actually ask to see the originals? I find that really surprising - may take them with us anyway out of sheer disbelief. : )

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2022, 09:59:18 AM »
YOU FOUND A FREE SLOT?!?!?  I think you are the first I have heard!  Well done!

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2022, 10:06:56 AM »
Glad you managed to get one.

I noticed a huge variation in the price of biometrics appointments - we're in London and the closest option was a 'Premium Lounge' for 219 quid. But we very luckily found one a bit further (Croydon) which had them at around £76, or one free slot which we booked (22nd April).

The types of appointments, the prices and what each appointment includes are all listed on the UKVCAS website.

The free appointments are just submission of biometrics with no document checking or scanning (you have to add those as extras if you want them - £54 for scanning, £48 for checking).

The £76 appointments are Enhanced appointments held at Enhanced centres only and they include document checking and scanning in the price.

The £219 premium appointments are only available at one location in the country (London) and include document scanning (but not checking) and you also get to sit in a comfy lounge with tea, coffee and newspapers!

I also see that they ask you not to bring original documents to the appointment other than passport and BRP card - so they never actually ask to see the originals? I find that really surprising - may take them with us anyway out of sheer disbelief. : )

No, they don’t see the originals because you will have already uploaded and submitted them.

However, they should check that all the documents have been uploaded correctly, so it’s a good idea to take the originals with you anyway, just in case something didn’t upload properly and they need to redo it at the appointment.

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2022, 10:07:36 AM »
I’ve seen a small handful of people manage to get free ones in the last couple of months

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2022, 10:21:44 AM »

Yes I was a bit suspicious of that free slot, bleary eyed at 3am!

I suppose we can bring our own coffee and cushions, maybe a dog-eared magazine, and pretend it's a premium appointment : )

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab