Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Life in the UK medical exemption  (Read 277 times)

• Liked: 957
Life in the UK medical exemption
« on: April 24, 2022, 06:51:38 PM »
I was able to find the form to apply for the exemption, but it didn't give any details of what conditions qualify, and if you need to apply for it ahead of your visa application/how far in advance. I'm probably just not searching for the right terms, but can anyone point me towards the information needed to get an exemption?

I apply for ILR in October so have a few months to sort it out. Chances of me passing the test are pretty slim at the moment because of my health.

• Liked: 4985
Re: Life in the UK medical exemption
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2022, 07:33:06 PM »
The form is submitted with the application. The form asks the medical professional to explain the reasons the applicant cannot take the test and if that will change in the next two years, then details about how much the medical professional has interacted with the applicant and then details regarding the medical professional’s qualifications, registration number, and contact information. 

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2022, 08:03:15 PM »
The form is submitted with the application. The form asks the medical professional to explain the reasons the applicant cannot take the test and if that will change in the next two years, then details about how much the medical professional has interacted with the applicant and then details regarding the medical professional’s qualifications, registration number, and contact information.
So there's no way to have it confirmed HO will accept it ahead of time? That... Doesn't sit well with me. I expected there to be guidelines like there are for every other medical thing.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2022, 09:52:02 PM »
The guidelines are within the form.  I would imagine that if completed by a General Medical Council registered medical practitioner who is able to comment on the individual's condition (direct quote from the form), that UKVI will deem it acceptable.  If "their person" says you can't sit the exam and attests to that, I don't see how or why UKVI would challenge their medical opinion. 

May be a cause to use a solicitor who handles more complex cases, just to ensure all i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2022, 10:55:02 AM »
Just to be clear, I'm seeking advice from anyone who has been through this process.

Telling me to get a lawyer while cost of living is skyrocketing and I need private medical care and have been unable to work for 2 years is not helpful. At all.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2022, 12:17:32 PM »
Just to be clear, I'm seeking advice from anyone who has been through this process.

I’ve been on the forum 15 years, and I don’t recall anyone going through the process, so it’s all new to me, I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2022, 12:36:54 PM »
I’ve been on the forum 15 years, and I don’t recall anyone going through the process, so it’s all new to me, I’m afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is more helpful than pretending to know. Thank you.

I think I will have to make my conditions worse by trying to pass, and then if I fail hope the certificate will cover me. I hate this process and cannot wait for it to be in the past.

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2022, 04:09:24 PM »
I apologize for trying to help.  There was no malicious intent.  For me, it helps when someone with fresh eyes and no emotions attached is able to read the guidance and see things I may not have.

There are a handful of case studies that I've read that relate to this, so while I haven't experienced a request for an exemption myself, I have read up on it.  At no time was I pretending to be informed.  I fully respect your request for me to no longer respond.  I simply want to apologize for upsetting you.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab