Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR application questions  (Read 2173 times)

• Liked: 253
ILR application questions
« on: June 13, 2022, 01:05:12 PM »
Hi all,

I'm applying for my ILR in early July, and I'm trying to get all my paperwork done ahead of time as I'm going to be heading up north for a holiday in the next week or so. My checklist will be posted in this chat as soon as I get my June payslip.

But I need to send off a copy of the letter to our head of HR just ahead of our meeting because we're both about to be out of the office for an extended period. So I just wanted to check that it was okay. I have put the following:
  • Confirming details of my employment (full-time, permanent, what team I'm actually in, date I started my employment)
  • My gross annual salary and that I got a weird mid-year payrise so the amounts of payslips did recently change
  • Confirming my payslips for the last seven months and the gross amount on each. This includes Dec 2021 - June 2022. I've confirmed with HR what date June payslip will hit my bank account and the gross amount on it.
  • Confirming my P60 which was emailed out to me this year
  • Explaining my initial job contract was digitally signed as I started mid-pandemic chaos

Is there anything else I need to add into it? I've already told them I need it on company letterhead, wet ink signed and the date on the letter will be within 28 days of when I plan to first start applying for ILR.

Thank you in advance!
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)
2020: ( •̀ᄇ• ́)ﻭ✧ FLR(M) approved
2022: ୧ʕ•̀ᴥ•́ʔ୨ ILR done
2024: (°◡°♡) Citizenship process begun

Re: ILR application questions
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 12:03:45 PM »
just bumping, any help is greatly appreciated! ❤️
2017: Survived a rejected FLR(M) & the wait for Non-Priority Spousal Visa (✿◠‿◠)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 12:49:48 PM »
Sounds good to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 01:00:47 PM »
Sounds good to me

awesome thank you ksand24!!!  :)

• Liked: 404
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2022, 10:42:39 PM »
Hello Solaire!   it's been a while....   I hope you are well.... Matt
UK Spouse Visa Super Priority
2008-2012  Met/Married/Children

24APR Spouse Visa Application
05MAY Biometrics
24JULY Decision 54BD 
17AUG  Landed UK

21JAN FLRM Application
06FEB Biometrics
06FEB Approval email

22JULY ILR SET(M) Application (5 years since landing minus 27 days)
18AUG ILR Biometrics
22AUG ILR Approval email
26AUG Citizenship Application
30AUG Citizenship Biometrics (via IDV App)
21NOV Citizenship Approval email
20DEC Citizenship Ceremony
20DEC British Passport Application

14JAN British Passport Delivered

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 01:13:42 PM »
Hello Solaire!   it's been a while....   I hope you are well.... Matt

hi Matt! remember you from the last round of visa application madness  😂 hope you're doing okay

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 05:34:56 PM »
Hi all,

I thought I would post here sooner rather than later because I’m going to be super busy with family stuff at the end of the month.

I’m going to apply for the ILR at the beginning of July as it’ll be 5 years (minus the 28 days) since I first arrived in the UK (30 July 2017). If I’ve done my maths correctly, that means I’ll be able to start applying from 2 July?

I squirrelled away enough money that I can afford the super priority service. I know super priority appointments are very rare so I’m ready to try looking for an appointment at midnight/1am/random times throughout the day to see if I can get an appointment.

So I just wanted to run my checklist through you all so I can make sure I’m not missing anything - no children or other marriages to worry about. I also had to adjust my dates for the correspondence, but I think it covers the 2.5 year period well (I'm hoping).

Applicant
  • Copy of current passport
  • Copy of my old passport
  • Life in the UK number thingy
  • Copy of BRP
  • Optional: The letter I got with my first ever visa rejection

Partner's details
  • Copy of my husband’s current UK passport
  • Copy of his old passport from when he was like 5 - a family member literally just found out about it so we didn’t add it to my old applications, ugh

Finances
  • 7 months certified payslips, dated within 28 days (Dec 2021/Jan 2022/Feb/Mar/April/May/June)
  • 7 months certified bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip (Dec 2021-June 2022), dated within 28 days, all pages stamped by bank
  • Job contract
  • P60
  • Letter from my employer (dated within 28 days) stating ALL of the following:
    • current employment and salary
    • length of employment
    • length of time earning current salary
    • type of employment
    • Confirming the 7 months of payslips (Payslip date/Pay period/Gross pay/Net pay/Date paid into bank account)
    • Confirms digital P60
Accommodation
  • Original tenancy agreement for current residence
  • Tenancy renewal for current residence
  • 2022 council tax letter

Relationship
  • Marriage certificate
  • Correspondence documents that cover the last 2.5 years:
    • January/February 2020
      • Him: Bank, dated 28 January 2020
      • Me: Approval for FLR from gov, dated 11 February
      • Bonus me: Letter about my bank for credit card approval on 4 Feb
    • May 2020
      • Me: Bank credit card statement
      • Him: Bank statement
    • October 2020
      • Him: Internet
    • March 2021
      • Me: HMRC
    • August 2021
      • Him: Bank credit card statement
    • January 2022
      • Me: Electric
    • June 2022

QUESTIONS

Tenancy
I moved while social distancing was still very much a thing so our tenancy agreement was digitally signed with docusign. Is that okay? Do I need the letting agency to draft a letter confirming we do live here?
Also do I need to include the tenancy agreement for our old flat? We moved in the last year so a lot of my correspondence has our old address on it

Any help is greatly appreciated!!![/list][/list]

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2022, 07:29:41 PM »
I’m going to apply for the ILR at the beginning of July as it’ll be 5 years (minus the 28 days) since I first arrived in the UK (30 July 2017). If I’ve done my maths correctly, that means I’ll be able to start applying from 2 July?

Yes, that’s correct.

Just going to rearrange your documents into the correct upload sections for the UKVCAS site:

Application Documents
Copy of current passport
Copy of my old passport
Sponsor’s Declaration (part of online application)

Proof of Identity/Travel History
Copy of my husband’s current UK passport
Copy of BRP

Finances
7 months certified payslips, dated within 28 days (Dec 2021/Jan 2022/Feb/Mar/April/May/June
7 months certified bank statements showing the deposit of every single payslip (Dec 2021-June 2022), dated within 28 days, all pages stamped by bank
Job contract
P60
Letter from my employer (dated within 28 days) stating ALL of the following:
current employment and salary
length of employment
length of time earning current salary
type of employment
Confirming the 7 months of payslips (Payslip date/Pay period/Gross pay/Net pay/Date paid into bank account)
Confirms digital P60

Residence in the U.K.
Accommodation
  • Original tenancy agreement for current residence
  • Tenancy renewal for current residence
  • 2022 council tax letter
Cohabitation
  • Correspondence documents that cover the last 2.5 years:
    • January/February 2020
      • Him: Bank, dated 28 January 2020
      • Me: Approval for FLR from gov, dated 11 February
      • Bonus me: Letter about my bank for credit card approval on 4 Feb
    • May 2020
    • October 2020
    • March 2021
      • Me: HMRC
    • August 2021
      • Him: Bank credit card statement
    • January 2022
      • Me: Electric
    • June 2022

Other
Marriage certificate
The letter I got with my first ever visa rejection

Documents Not Required
- Copy of his old passport from when he was like 5 - a family member literally just found out about it so we didn’t add it to my old applications, ugh - it should not have been added to any previous applications anyway… only his CURRENT, VALID passport can be considered
- LIUK test number…. you write this on the application form so you don’t need to provide it separately

QUESTIONS

Tenancy
I moved while social distancing was still very much a thing so our tenancy agreement was digitally signed with docusign. Is that okay? Do I need the letting agency to draft a letter confirming we do live here?
Also do I need to include the tenancy agreement for our old flat? We moved in the last year so a lot of my correspondence has our old address on it

1. Yes, most tenancies are digitally-signed, so this is normal.

2. If you are both named on the tenancy, you do NOT need a letter from the agency

3. You do NOT need any old tenancy agreements, as the requirement is to provide evidence of FUTURE accommodation, not past. The address on cohabitation documents is irrelevant… they can be from any number of addresses, as long as you show you were both living at the same address as each other at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/list]

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2022, 09:57:39 PM »
Thank you @ksand24 !!! You are an absolute legend, and that rearranging makes so much more sense than my weird system  ;D

Documents Not Required
- Copy of his old passport from when he was like 5 - a family member literally just found out about it so we didn’t add it to my old applications, ugh - it should not have been added to any previous applications anyway… only his CURRENT, VALID passport can be considered
- LIUK test number…. you write this on the application form so you don’t need to provide it separately

Ahhhh that makes sense! I thought for some reason I also had to include spouse's old stuff because I had to include my previous passport. But that's my brain mixing up wires

1. Yes, most tenancies are digitally-signed, so this is normal.

2. If you are both named on the tenancy, you do NOT need a letter from the agency

3. You do NOT need any old tenancy agreements, as the requirement is to provide evidence of FUTURE accommodation, not past. The address on cohabitation documents is irrelevant… they can be from any number of addresses, as long as you show you were both living at the same address as each other at the same time.

Biggest sigh of relief! I'm named on our tenancy agreement so it should be all set to go – I made this so much more of a complicated issue in my head

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2022, 08:13:42 PM »
Okay it sounds really stupid, but I feel like I need to ask because my brain probably making the application more complicated than it really is.

• Triple checking that this is the right link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-m
  • Time living in the UK. Technically it's 4 years and 11 months because I'm applying 28 days before my 5 year anniversary. The gov website you need to live UK for 5 years continuously on a family visa as a partner – so should I just round up to 5 years?
  • Were you married or in a civil partnership when you were last granted leave in this category? I've never applied for an ILR before so the answer is no?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2022, 08:26:17 PM »
Okay it sounds really stupid, but I feel like I need to ask because my brain probably making the application more complicated than it really is.

• Triple checking that this is the right link: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.uk/product/set-m
  • Time living in the UK. Technically it's 4 years and 11 months because I'm applying 28 days before my 5 year anniversary. The gov website you need to live UK for 5 years continuously on a family visa as a partner – so should I just round up to 5 years?
  • Were you married or in a civil partnership when you were last granted leave in this category? I've never applied for an ILR before so the answer is no?

1- That's the one!
2- Put 4 years 11 months. That's within the rules and you haven't been here 5 years yet.
3-It's yes. The category being the 5 year partner route.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2022, 08:26:22 PM »

Yes, that’s correct.

No, be truthful - if you have lived here 4 years 11 months, then put 4 years 11 months.

You are eligible to apply for ILR after 4 years 11 months in the U.K., so it’s not an issue.

They mean when you applied for FLR(M)… so your answer is yes.

By ‘last granted leave in this category’ they mean the category of a partner visa… so a spousal or FLR(M) visa (which you have been on for 5 years).

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2022, 08:31:44 PM »
Thank you @larrabee and @ksand24 !! I'm glad I asked instead of going with my first instincts lol

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2022, 01:10:26 AM »
Success! We were able to book the priority service dead on 1am! So for anyone trying to get the super priority service just keep refreshing in the lead up to 1am.

Only snaggle, there are literally no appointments at all near us :( I know we can come back and check to see if new appointments crop up on the UKVCAS website. Does anyone know what time new appointments go live? Is it also at 1am or should we check at random times?

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2022, 07:18:08 PM »
Success! We were able to book the priority service dead on 1am! So for anyone trying to get the super priority service just keep refreshing in the lead up to 1am.

Only snaggle, there are literally no appointments at all near us :( I know we can come back and check to see if new appointments crop up on the UKVCAS website. Does anyone know what time new appointments go live? Is it also at 1am or should we check at random times?

nevermind! got free appointment after checking the website at 9am. So tired of refreshing pages 😫 but so happy to get my ILR appointment at the beginning of August. Now to upload everything and begin the wait

Sponsored Links