Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Employer Reference for ILR  (Read 306 times)

• Liked: 16
Employer Reference for ILR
« on: June 22, 2022, 04:50:10 PM »
Hi all,

Hopefully a quick question about the employer reference letter...

I've just changed jobs and my previous employer didn't have an HR department - whom should I get a letter from instead to verify employment dates, salary, etc? Would the finance department be my best bet? Or should I try to get in touch with someone in another type of role?

Please let me know!

Thanks!

• Liked: 3595
Re: Employer Reference for ILR
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 05:53:05 PM »
Hi all,

Hopefully a quick question about the employer reference letter...

I've just changed jobs and my previous employer didn't have an HR department - whom should I get a letter from instead to verify employment dates, salary, etc? Would the finance department be my best bet? Or should I try to get in touch with someone in another type of role?

Please let me know!

Thanks!
You only need an employer letter from your new employer, not your previous one.

The only time you need a letter from a previous employer is if your payslips were issued electronically, in which case you need a letter of verification for the payslips… for that, you can just get a letter from whichever department issued the payslips, confirming the details of each one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 16
Re: Employer Reference for ILR
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 11:52:06 AM »
You only need an employer letter from your new employer, not your previous one.

The only time you need a letter from a previous employer is if your payslips were issued electronically, in which case you need a letter of verification for the payslips… for that, you can just get a letter from whichever department issued the payslips, confirming the details of each one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks so much for the quick response! They were issued electronically, so I've emailed the finance team (who issued the payslips).

Sponsored Links