Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Citizenship Ceremony  (Read 451 times)

• sbdavi
  • North Florida to Watford; Family of 7, 2 visas

• Liked: 31
Citizenship Ceremony
« on: September 26, 2022, 09:18:10 PM »
Hi,

I started an application for citizenship for my nephew before his 18th birthday. I already completed one for his older sister without issues. However, the home office took 12 months to even reply.

He came over this summer to visit, and has stayed for a few months. They've since sent his paperwork (approved) to the Atlanta consulate. We attempted to do the ceremony over Teams (quite possibly the worst conference software out there). The person kept breaking up, and the ceremony couldn't be completed.

She's said that he needs to complete it in the U.K. if he's here; we would love too!. Or fly back to do another Teams ceremony in the US; which is absurd.

Does anyone know how to go about getting the ceremony done at the local council.???

Any help is appreciated.
Application: 30/4
Bio Metrics: 7/5
Received in Sheffield Email: 16/5
Request for IHS Fee: 27/7
Decision Made: .....

• Liked: 6110
Re: Citizenship Ceremony
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 09:59:09 PM »
Hi,

I started an application for citizenship for my nephew before his 18th birthday. I already completed one for his older sister without issues. However, the home office took 12 months to even reply.

He came over this summer to visit, and has stayed for a few months. They've since sent his paperwork (approved) to the Atlanta consulate. We attempted to do the ceremony over Teams (quite possibly the worst conference software out there). The person kept breaking up, and the ceremony couldn't be completed.

She's said that he needs to complete it in the U.K. if he's here; we would love too!. Or fly back to do another Teams ceremony in the US; which is absurd.

Does anyone know how to go about getting the ceremony done at the local council.???

Any help is appreciated.

Contact your local council to arrange the ceremony. https://www.gov.uk/organise-citizenship-ceremony-council

• sbdavi
  • North Florida to Watford; Family of 7, 2 visas

• Liked: 31
Re: Citizenship Ceremony
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 10:13:29 PM »
Does he need anything that would of been sent to the consulate?
Application: 30/4
Bio Metrics: 7/5
Received in Sheffield Email: 16/5
Request for IHS Fee: 27/7
Decision Made: .....

Sponsored Links