Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Happy New Year!  (Read 2210 times)

• Liked: 0
Happy New Year!
« on: January 01, 2023, 04:45:29 PM »
Greetings everyone!  I'm a dual UK/US citizen, born and raised in UK, then lived in WA and AZ for 39 years. My partner died July 2021, (pancreatic cancer) and I then sold up and returned to Surrey to live with and care for very elderly parents. I don't have children, but did become a great aunt in March 2022. My brother and his wife live nearby.

Am struggling to navigate the financial/tax issues unique to dual citizens, and have left the bulk of my money/holdings in the US. Should be starting SS soon - have applied and waiting for the tap to turn on.  If anyone can point me in the direction of a financial/tax advisor, who doesn't cost various limbs, I'd be grateful.

Meanwhile, HNY 2023!

• Liked: 4985
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 06:01:40 PM »
Happy New Year!

I work with Tanager Wealth Management.  You will find a US/UK advisor is a premium cost, there just isn’t a way around it.  However they should absolutely save you costly errors and still beat the market. 

If your investments are pretty straight forward, you may find the tax board on the forum is educational enough to self-manage.

• Liked: 6110
Re: Happy New Year!
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2023, 06:05:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  :)

Sponsored Links