Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR application questions  (Read 301 times)

• Liked: 33
ILR application questions
« on: January 25, 2023, 05:52:39 PM »
Hi all,

I'm in the midst of completing the ILR application and have some questions....

This time around, I have decided to use cash savings for the financial evidence. We could also do the employment evidence route but cash savings seems simpler in terms of the documentary evidence involved and we won't have to bother the HR peeps to certify payslips, etc. Question is--how do we prove the source of the cash? It looks as though there is some kind of declaration--is that it? Is it a form somewhere? (The account is 20+ years old and the cash accumulated from pay deposits, birthday presents, bond sales. Randomness basically). We don't have statements beyond the last few years to prove the deposit sources though. It's all legit but can't prove it beyond the last few years. Would it be better to do the employment route again?

In terms of the mailing address evidence: My FLR(M) was granted in December 2020 (I applied in July 2020). I'm planning on submitting the application this month or first week of Feb. Would this evidence and time spacing comply?:

July 2020: TV licence me; Bank statement sponsor
December 2020: NHS letter me; credit card statement sponsor
May 2021: Joint bank statement
October 2021: Joint electric bill
March 2022: Joint council tax bill
August 2022: Joint bank statement
January 2023: Joint electric bill

Finally, the application asks: "Have you lived with your partner permanently in the UK since being granted temporary leave as a partner?" What does this mean, i.e., what is "temporary leave as a partner?" Do they mean have we lived together since the FLR(M)/2nd visa was granted? Or does it mean the whole five years since the initial visa was granted? What do they mean by "permanently in the UK?" Are they questioning if we lived together outside the UK somewhere? I ask because I have some longish absences back to America sans spouse in my first year here so my answer to this depends on what they mean. (They were much more specific in the FLR(M) application question).

Thanks for your help and guidance. I cannot wait to be done with this process!

• Liked: 3595
ILR application questions
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 08:09:47 AM »
Question is--how do we prove the source of the cash? It looks as though there is some kind of declaration--is that it? Is it a form somewhere? (The account is 20+ years old and the cash accumulated from pay deposits, birthday presents, bond sales. Randomness basically). We don't have statements beyond the last few years to prove the deposit sources though. It's all legit but can't prove it beyond the last few years. Would it be better to do the employment route again?

No, cash savings is much easier to use than employment income.

All you need to do is provide:
- bank statements showing the money meets the requirements
And
- a simple one-sentence declaration stating that the source of savings is accumulation of income etc. over the years

In terms of the mailing address evidence: My FLR(M) was granted in December 2020 (I applied in July 2020). I'm planning on submitting the application this month or first week of Feb. Would this evidence and time spacing comply?:

July 2020: TV licence me; Bank statement sponsor
December 2020: NHS letter me; credit card statement sponsor
May 2021: Joint bank statement
October 2021: Joint electric bill
March 2022: Joint council tax bill
August 2022: Joint bank statement
January 2023: Joint electric bill

Looks good to me.

Finally, the application asks: "Have you lived with your partner permanently in the UK since being granted temporary leave as a partner?" What does this mean, i.e., what is "temporary leave as a partner?" Do they mean have we lived together since the FLR(M)/2nd visa was granted? Or does it mean the whole five years since the initial visa was granted? What do they mean by "permanently in the UK?" Are they questioning if we lived together outside the UK somewhere? I ask because I have some longish absences back to America sans spouse in my first year here so my answer to this depends on what they mean. (They were much more specific in the FLR(M) application question).

Temporary visa means any UK visa that has a time limit on it (I.E. any visa except ILR). So your spousal and FLR(M) visas were both temporary visas.

Basically, it’s asking if you and your spouse have lived together continuously in the UK since you arrived in the UK on your spousal visa 5 years ago.

If you haven’t lived together for the whole time, you will need to explain why not and provide evidence that your relationship has subsisted for the entire 5 years.

Or if you lived together outside the UK for any period of time in the last 5 years, you also state this on the application.

They ask this in order to determine whether or not you meet the relationship/cohabitation requirements for ILR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 08:12:11 AM by ksand24 »

• Liked: 33
Re: ILR application questions
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 07:03:59 PM »
Thank you for all of the help, ksand24! I really appreciate it!!

Hopefully I won't have any more questions (after two previous visas, one would think it would be easier, D'oh!). But I can't guarantee it. It makes me wonder what the US visa process it like. But I don't really want to find out!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab