Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR Questions!  (Read 453 times)

• Liked: 5
ILR Questions!
« on: January 26, 2023, 10:53:10 AM »
Hi all! Just prepping ahead of time here and I'd like to clarify some things I have started researching about.

As a background, I have been in the UK since 2019, initially with a fiance visa, then the initial spouse visa and now I am in the extension of the spouse visa. Next step is to apply for IRL summer next year.

Regarding the finantial requirements, I'd very much like to continue applying under the cash savings option because let's be honest this is the easier way to meet the requirements and we are also both self employed now which I think would complicate the process a bit if we were to go down in the self-employment route.

- Does this mean that for IRL I don't need to have £60K and instead I should have £34,600 in cash savings?

- I know this needs to be untouched for 6 months prior to the application. However, can this amount be in different accounts? And in different names (either mine or my husbands)?

Thanks a lot!

• Liked: 6111
Re: ILR Questions!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 11:05:11 AM »
Hi all! Just prepping ahead of time here and I'd like to clarify some things I have started researching about.

As a background, I have been in the UK since 2019, initially with a fiance visa, then the initial spouse visa and now I am in the extension of the spouse visa. Next step is to apply for IRL summer next year.

Regarding the finantial requirements, I'd very much like to continue applying under the cash savings option because let's be honest this is the easier way to meet the requirements and we are also both self employed now which I think would complicate the process a bit if we were to go down in the self-employment route.

- Does this mean that for IRL I don't need to have £60K and instead I should have £34,600 in cash savings?

- I know this needs to be untouched for 6 months prior to the application. However, can this amount be in different accounts? And in different names (either mine or my husbands)?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, for ILR it's 18,600 plus 16,000 = £34,600. (It is 62.5k before that though)

The money can be in different accounts and in either or both names but shouldn't be in the name of a third party.

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 12:40:49 AM »
Hi all!
I'm back and just getting my head around the planning process to apply for my IRL.
I'm going to apply through the savings route.

We have more than the £34.600 in a savings account. Is it OK to move it to another account for the last few months before we apply? It's because we had a fixed rate savings acc and that is coming to an end at the start of the new year.

I assume it's ok as long as we also provide a letter explaining why it was moved?

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 12:57:41 AM »
i'm so confused with the new changes as well. I have just seend a few posts and trying to get my head around it all.

For now the requeriments for IRL has not changed fully correct? So the £34.600 savings route still stands?

If what I'm reading online becomes the reality in the next few months, then it will be £38.700 through the savings route to get my IRL?

I'd assume and hope that whatever is made new in the legislation that it doesn't affect those that have already been applying and on thr family route for years...

Sponsored Links