Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Another child citizenship question  (Read 299 times)

• Liked: 8
Another child citizenship question
« on: March 15, 2023, 07:32:57 PM »
Hi again,

I finished up my son's citizenship application. On the document checklist that that is provided, one of the forms that needs to be submitted is:

A letter of consent from XXXXX's parent...

The letter must:
give their full names and addresses
say that they agree to let you apply for a British citizenship

Now, a consent letter was included in the download but there was no place for our addresses, only names and signatures. Does this mean the one provided by the Home Office isn't sufficient and that I have to type up ANOTHER consent form, this time including our address?

Thanks again all,

Jeremy

• Liked: 8
Re: Another child citizenship question
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2023, 07:40:20 PM »
Bump! Really? Nothing?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 06:29:56 AM »
Bump! Really? Nothing?

If you are faced with conflicting instructions in an application, I would always provide more information rather than less. So either go with typing up your own letter containing the addresses or add the addresses to theirs.
I wouldn't leave them out though if they have been asked for as you don't want to delay processing by them having to get in touch with you for that information.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 11:32:06 AM »
If you are faced with conflicting instructions in an application, I would always provide more information rather than less. So either go with typing up your own letter containing the addresses or add the addresses to theirs.
I wouldn't leave them out though if they have been asked for as you don't want to delay processing by them having to get in touch with you for that information.

Completely agree.  Impossible to know if they will push back or not.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab