Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Los Angeles VSF premium  (Read 245 times)

• Liked: 0
Los Angeles VSF premium
« on: March 21, 2023, 02:54:26 AM »
My husband and I are working on his application for a partner visa, and we hope to move back to the UK this summer. We have completed the application online and have paid the IHS fee also, and are now looking at the VFS options.

We live close to Los Angeles so are looking at their premium center, but are curious if the $2,000 premium is worth it over the $1,200? Is the difference in length of time, and if so then what is that timeline? Are they pretty true to those timelines?

I also got a little confused as the .gov application process had me select a "bronze" package and then as it transferred me through it sent me to the settlement options (standard or premium) and not the "gold, silver, bronze" I had read about elsewhere. Are these for other visa types, and does family/spouse/partner visa fall under settlement?

• Liked: 3595
Los Angeles VSF premium
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2023, 06:30:58 AM »
My husband and I are working on his application for a partner visa, and we hope to move back to the UK this summer. We have completed the application online and have paid the IHS fee also, and are now looking at the VFS options.

We live close to Los Angeles so are looking at their premium center, but are curious if the $2,000 premium is worth it over the $1,200? Is the difference in length of time, and if so then what is that timeline? Are they pretty true to those timelines?

I also got a little confused as the .gov application process had me select a "bronze" package and then as it transferred me through it sent me to the settlement options (standard or premium) and not the "gold, silver, bronze" I had read about elsewhere. Are these for other visa types, and does family/spouse/partner visa fall under settlement?
The Bronze, Silver and Gold options are not available for settlement visa applications (Fiance/spouse/partner visas)… so your only options are the standard and premium settlement processing for $1200 or $2000.

Personally, I think the premium centres are a complete waste of money… they do not get your visa processed any faster than just going through the Application Support Centres option for free…  if you want the visa processed faster (in about half the normal processing time), you can add the Settlement Priority processing service for $723.

So the options are:
- USA - Application Support Centre: $0 extra (apart from shipping costs) - visa processed in 3-6 months

- USA - Application Support Centre: $723 for priority processing  (plus shipping costs) - visa processed in 1.5-3 months

- Premium Centre Standard: $1200 (they scan your docs and you can keep your passport)… visa processed in 3-6 months

- Premium Centre Premium: $2000 (includes the $723 priority processing plus they scan your docs and you can keep your passport)… visa processed in 1.5-3 months

So, basically with the premium centre you are just paying an extra $1200 for document scanning and to keep your passport while the visa is processing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab