Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Almost time to apply for the FLR  (Read 473 times)

• Liked: 4
Almost time to apply for the FLR
« on: April 27, 2023, 06:01:41 PM »
Hi

It’s almost time for my wife to apply for her FLR and, after 2.5 years on the Entry and Leave to Remain BRP card, we are a little rusty on what’s required.

Do I, (being the UK citizen husband), have to submit another Letter of Sponsorship for my wife..?

Our circumstances now are that we own our house in the UK, which should satisfy the Accommodation Requirements. I believe we have sufficient savings to satisfy the financial requirements. We are still married and have saved every paper utility bill, (in joint names), over the past two years to show we are still together over this period.   

Is there anything else we need to be aware of..?

• Liked: 6110
Re: Almost time to apply for the FLR
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2023, 06:51:55 PM »
Hi

It’s almost time for my wife to apply for her FLR and, after 2.5 years on the Entry and Leave to Remain BRP card, we are a little rusty on what’s required.

Do I, (being the UK citizen husband), have to submit another Letter of Sponsorship for my wife..?

Our circumstances now are that we own our house in the UK, which should satisfy the Accommodation Requirements. I believe we have sufficient savings to satisfy the financial requirements. We are still married and have saved every paper utility bill, (in joint names), over the past two years to show we are still together over this period.   

Is there anything else we need to be aware of..?

Financial, it's the same 62.5k x 6 months in either or joint names.  Relationship is now your items of mail and marriage certificate, of course. Accommodation will be the land registry document a recent mortgage statement and  council tax bill.   Why don't you have a go at listing all the documents you plan to include and we'll let you know if you're missing anything?

Start thinking about the Life in the UK test now. It's not needed for FLR but is for ILR and is better out of the way sooner rather than later. I'd suggest getting started studying as soon as you have the FLR out of the way. It never expires.

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2023, 10:57:35 PM »
   FRL(M) Application May 2023   
   Proof of Relationship Documents   
   6 documents from 3 different sources with our names on it or other substituting documents if only single name on bill to cover a 4-months period from June 2021 to May 2023   

1 of 6   June 2021 - September 2021   Original Statement Lloyds Joined Bank Account for June 2021
2 0f 6   October 2021 - January 2022   Original Water Board Statement; date 28.10.2021
3 of 6   February 2022 - May 2022   Original Council Tax Bill; years 2022/2023; date 15.03.2022
4 of 6   June 2022 - September 2022   Original Statement Lloyds Joined Bank Account for June 2022
5 of 6   October 2022 - January 2023   Original Water Board Statement; date 05.10.2022
6 of 6   February 2023 - May 2023   Original Council Tax Bill; years 2023/2024; date 15.03.2023

All the above bills are derived from original paper copies sent to us in the post.

We do have a Marriage Certificate of course.

For Accommodation…

We have .pdf downloaded Land Registry document and Completion of Registration document from HM Land Registry. We don’t have any original paper copies of these..? I don’t think they issue paper copies any more..? Unsure on this.?

We don’t have a mortgage as we own the house outright. We do have Council Tax Bills.

For Finance…

We can supply copies of original  paper statements from the bank, showing our minimum level over the last 6 months.

Sponsorship…

Once again I guess I will have to submit an accompanying letter of continued sponsorship, explaining how the current relationship, accommodation and financial requirements are still being adhered too.

Will there be a need for more Biometrics to be taken..?

« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 04:00:38 PM by Shy »

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2023, 11:22:43 AM »
Is another BIOMETRIC procedure needed to be done for the FLR..?

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2023, 11:27:26 AM »
Is another BIOMETRIC procedure needed to be done for the FLR..?

Biometrics is required for every visa and citizenship application.

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2023, 11:30:43 AM »
Thank’s Larrabee

Did I you see my list I sent above..?  I was just wondering if we’ve overlooked anything..? Is for example another Sponsorship letter still needed..?

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2023, 11:43:08 AM »
   FRL(M) Application May 2023   
   Proof of Relationship Documents   
   6 documents from 3 different sources with our names on it or other substituting documents if only single name on bill to cover a 4-months period from June 2021 to May 2023   

1 of 6   June 2021 - September 2021   Original Statement Lloyds Joined Bank Account for June 2021
2 0f 6   October 2021 - January 2022   Original Water Board Statement; date 28.10.2021
3 of 6   February 2022 - May 2022   Original Council Tax Bill; years 2022/2023; date 15.03.2022
4 of 6   June 2022 - September 2022   Original Statement Lloyds Joined Bank Account for June 2022
5 of 6   October 2022 - January 2023   Original Water Board Statement; date 05.10.2022
6 of 6   February 2023 - May 2023   Original Council Tax Bill; years 2023/2024; date 15.03.2023

All the above bills are derived from original paper copies sent to us in the post.

We do have a Marriage Certificate of course.

For Accommodation…

We have .pdf downloaded Land Registry document and Completion of Registration document from HM Land Registry. We don’t have any original paper copies of these..? I don’t think they issue paper copies any more..? Unsure on this.?

We don’t have a mortgage as we own the house outright. We do have Council Tax Bills.

For Finance…

We can supply copies of original  paper statements from the bank, showing our minimum level over the last 6 months.

Sponsorship…

Once again I guess I will have to submit an accompanying letter of continued sponsorship, explaining how the current relationship, accommodation and financial requirements are still being adhered too.

Will there be a need for more Biometrics to be taken..?

Did I you see my list I sent above..?  I was just wondering if we’ve overlooked anything..? Is for example another Sponsorship letter still needed..?

You don't need another sponsorship letter.

You'll need passports and BRP

The mail would be better with an even gap of 4 months, you actually need 7 points in time to make it work out evenly like this.
If not, you'll just need to pop a letter in with your application explaining why they are not evenly spaced.
I see what you've done with the separation into 4 month time periods but if you do that, you should stick with an even spacing between each piece of mail. You can have more than 3 sources, just not less.

Accommodation, that's fine.
Financial. Savings presumably? Make sure the full 6 month period is covered and that the most recent statement is dated within the 28 days before the date of your online application.

Sponsored Links