Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Renewal of UK Spouse Visa  (Read 214 times)

• Liked: 2
Renewal of UK Spouse Visa
« on: June 03, 2023, 08:31:58 PM »
Hi All! 

Hope you’re all doing well!

My spousal visa will expire on 20 Jan 2024.  When shoud I lodge my application?

It’s like I have an amnesia, but I can’t remember the website I need to go to get my spousal visa application renewal  :D
Met UK Hubby : August 2011
Married : July 2017

• Liked: 6110
Re: Renewal of UK Spouse Visa
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2023, 05:24:54 AM »
Hi All! 

Hope you’re all doing well!

My spousal visa will expire on 20 Jan 2024.  When shoud I lodge my application?

It’s like I have an amnesia, but I can’t remember the website I need to go to get my spousal visa application renewal  :D

You can apply from 28 days before the 2.5 year anniversary of the date you entered the country on a spouse visa, up until the expiration date of your spouse visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2023, 02:48:11 AM »
You can apply from 28 days before the 2.5 year anniversary of the date you entered the country on a spouse visa, up until the expiration date of your spouse visa.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm

Thank you Larabee,

I actually was on a work visa before this and then I switched to spouse visa, so my date of entry was more than 2.5 years ago.

So am I understanding I can’t apply until 23rd of December 2023?  Would that be enough time to cover myself, as I don’t want to be in a situation where I don’t my new visa and it’s already 20th of Jan 2024 and will become out of status. 

Thank you so much as always for your help.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2023, 09:01:13 AM »
I actually was on a work visa before this and then I switched to spouse visa, so my date of entry was more than 2.5 years ago.

So am I understanding I can’t apply until 23rd of December 2023?

Yes, that's correct - the earliest date you can apply is 28 days before 20th January 2024. You can submit the online application at any time between 23rd December and 20th January.

Would that be enough time to cover myself, as I don’t want to be in a situation where I don’t my new visa and it’s already 20th of Jan 2024 and will become out of status. 

It doesn't matter if you have the new visa by 20th January or not. You just need to have submitted the online application before 20th January. The biometrics appointment and visa processing can happen after this date and it won't affect your immigration status.

As long as you have applied online (your official application date) before your current visa expires, your immigration status will be automatically extended under Section 3C Leave while your visa is processing, meaning that as long as you don't leave the UK during this time, you can continue to live and work in the UK while you are waiting for the new visa.

See here for more information about Section 3C Leave:
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1066178/3C_and_3D_leave_v11b.pdf

From that document:

Section 3C leave extended when an in-time application is made
An in-time application is an application made by a person in the UK who at the time of application has leave to enter or remain.

Where an in-time application to extend or vary leave is made and the application is not decided before the person’s existing leave expires, section 3C extends the person’s existing leave until the application is decided (or withdrawn).

Section 3C does not extend leave where the application is made after the applicant’s current leave has expired.

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2023, 07:28:09 PM »
Thank you so much for your clarification guys x

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab