Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: ILR - Spousal Passport  (Read 245 times)

• Liked: 7
ILR - Spousal Passport
« on: August 10, 2023, 03:41:49 PM »
Hi All!

We have submitted my husband's ILR application and have the appointment for biometrics and document scanning tomorrow. Unfortunately we were unable to get a priority service slot so are on the standard processing time route. I have 2 questions please:

1. I know my passport is one of the required documents and it says that copies aren't excepted. Does that mean that my passport could also be tied up with his application for 6months? Can I submit a certified copy? I can't seem to find the answer to this anywhere!
2.  Am I correct that I do NOT need to attend this appointment with him?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

• Liked: 424
ILR - Spousal Passport
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2023, 04:09:52 PM »
Hi, his passport should not be used while the visa is in process. Yours is fine. You do not have to be there, in fact they usually don’t allow anyone but the applicant in anyway.
Once all documents are scanned, you will have your passport and be able to use it…….he will have his but has to stay put.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 7
Re: ILR - Spousal Passport
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 04:12:39 PM »
Thanks so much! Really appreciated.

• Liked: 342
Re: ILR - Spousal Passport
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2023, 07:36:13 AM »

Once all documents are scanned, you will have your passport and be able to use it…….he will have his but has to stay put.

Yes, very important not to travel outside the CTA. If he does, his application will be treated as withdrawn

Under "Withdrawal of an application for entry clearance, permission to enter and permission to stay in the United Kingdom" of the immigration laws, is 34K

"34K. Where a decision on an application for permission to stay has not been made and the applicant travels outside the common travel area their application will be treated as withdrawn on the date the applicant left the common travel area."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-part-1-leave-to-enter-or-stay-in-the-uk#withdrawal-of-an-application-for-entry-clearance-permission-to-enter-and-permission-to-stay-in-the-united-kingdom

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab