Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Life in the UK Test Over 65 exemption  (Read 279 times)

• Liked: 14
Life in the UK Test Over 65 exemption
« on: August 13, 2023, 06:38:38 PM »
Given that my wife only arrived in the UK on a spousal visa in June, this is planning ahead somewhat, but what the heck.

By the time she applies for ILR she will be over 65. My understanding is that she will then be exempt from  needing to take the Life in the UK test.

Probably a daft question, but is there any benefit at all in taking the test even though she would be exempt i.e. would it benefit her ILR/citizenship application in any way?

• Liked: 6110
Re: Life in the UK Test Over 65 exemption
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 08:47:18 PM »
Given that my wife only arrived in the UK on a spousal visa in June, this is planning ahead somewhat, but what the heck.

By the time she applies for ILR she will be over 65. My understanding is that she will then be exempt from  needing to take the Life in the UK test.

Probably a daft question, but is there any benefit at all in taking the test even though she would be exempt i.e. would it benefit her ILR/citizenship application in any way?

Anyone in the know would assume she was younger than she is but apart from that, I can't think of anything.  ;)

It won't make a difference to the application, either a pass or an exemption will tick the same box.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2023, 10:10:39 PM »
Aww, that's sweet.    :)

Thanks for the reply.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2023, 01:21:32 PM »
That is the present rule for ILR (or citizenship for those using EU rules). Perhaps best to keep a look out for any changes?

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 02:38:09 PM »
That is the present rule for ILR (or citizenship for those using EU rules). Perhaps best to keep a look out for any changes?

Yes, will do. Thanks.

Sponsored Links