Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: It's sent!  (Read 1183 times)

• Wishing I was in the UK now!
  • Liked: 0
It's sent!
« on: June 26, 2003, 05:57:19 PM »
:D I finally had all the stuff together, and I Fedex'd our papers and fiance applications down to L.A. for my sons and I visa's.  They will receive it today, and the countdown starts....anyone like to take a guess at how long it will take?  I should make a poll...LOL.  It says on their website that they are busy with the travel season, and that mailed applications are taking 10 days to process.  I am not going to even start looking for it Fedex until a month from now, although in the back of my head, hoping it is 10 days.  Thanks for everyone's advise for the visa's!!!!

Cheers,
Vonny

Re: It's sent!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2003, 06:01:46 PM »
 I am not going to even start looking for it Fedex until a month from now, although in the back of my head, hoping it is 10 days.  

Start looking for it in 10 days!!!  :D  I'll keep my fingers crossed that you and your son get your visas.  ;)

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.
~Helen Keller

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2003, 10:32:12 PM »
Best wishes for a speedy return!

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2003, 07:43:59 AM »
;D :D :)
GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!
I got a call the same day that the L.A. Consulate received the paperwork.  They needed me to fax something, and whilst I had her on the phone, I asked her how long it would be, and................................she said all was in order, would be stamped and fedex'ed by Monday!!!!  YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much faster than I thought!  Somebody tie a string to my toe to keep me grounded, have started on getting rid of stuff and packing.  Mid-August the move takes place.  Amazing, how sometimes God has a hand in making the pieces fall into place to make life easier and less stressful.  Thanks again for all your wonderful advice, I think having all in order and nice and tidy when I turned it in has made a world of difference.  By the way, I got an American woman at the Consulate that was doing my paperwork not that grumpy british one, so may be that was the solution...LOL.  Thanks for all your good wishes, makes it a lot easier knowing people are supportive of such a big move.  Take care all, and will keep you all updated!

Cheers,
Vonny

• The Key to life is making the best of change.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2003, 12:11:13 PM »
Hello Soon,

I am really glad to read that you are having such an easy experiance.  I hope you see your passport back very soon.  Wishing you all the best on your live here.

Cheers,

[smiley=daisy.gif]
We all have shadows of self doubt in the corners of our beings self respect is an ongoing prcoess of vigilance.  It means learning to be able to live by an internal compass. - Sara Lawrence Lightfoot

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2003, 11:00:52 PM »
Terrific news!!!!  Best of luck with packing!

• From Washington to Rochdale and taint going back
    • Girly Girrls Family Pics
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2003, 01:00:47 AM »
Mine took about 5-6 days to get back from LA.  FedEx my BUM ;)  But I was just happy to get it back!  Hope yours comes sooner! 8)

• finally home
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2003, 01:54:06 AM »
congrats! glad you got thru it with very little problems, mine was a nightmare:(
once you're here and get married i would than be applying for the flr (further leave to remain) visa just got mine a few weeks ago approved, best to do asap after wedding instead of waiting till close to end of your 6 months on fiance visa.
wish you well

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2003, 09:27:50 AM »
8) ;D :D
Called the Consulate today, and sure enough it was sent FEDEX Monday, even got the tracking number is due to show up here tomorrow....(Wednesday)!!!!  

Put my 30 day notice in for my apartment today, and booking the airline tickets tomorrow.  Putting my notice in work on Thursday, if all goes to plan, I will be flying out mid-August.  Even called the travel agent today, and the prices even went down!  

Got one box ready to ship tonight, it is books, and talked to the post office today, and they DO have an International rate for books, so that was great news, I didn't have to get rid of all my sons books!

Thanks for all your support, and I Thank God everyday for the blessings he has made this as smooth as it has been, and prayers that it will continue to be too.

Cheers to everyone!!!
Vonny

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2003, 01:23:11 PM »
8) ;D :D

Got one box ready to ship tonight, it is books, and talked to the post office today, and they DO have an International rate for books, so that was great news, I didn't have to get rid of all my sons books!

Congratulations!   :D

Before you ship your books be sure to ask the post office about shipping them via M-Bag.  It's much cheaper than sending them in a box.  When I shipped my books M-Bag (surface), I put them in plastic carrier bags and duct taped them...especially around the corners.  All the books arrived in about a month and in the same condition as I shipped them.

Look here for more info:  http://www.aas.org/donation/mbag.html

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2003, 07:40:25 AM »
;D :D :)

The papers arrived here today!!!  Got a nifty stamp in my passport and my sons, and they are good till December!  Will be on my list to do first thing after we are married in October is to apply for the FLR stamp for my son and I.  I plan to work as soon as we are married.  

I sent off a box of books in an M bag today, it was 39lbs., and was a little over $35 to ship, very cheap!  It will take 4-6 weeks, but that is just as I arrive or right before.  Just wish I could send more things the M bag as well, it was so inexpensive compared to Parcel Post.  But just have to bite the bullet and ship it Parcel Post, she checked today, and it was going to cost about $75 to send the same weight.  I guess this way I will get rid of stuff I really don't need any way.

Booked my airline tickets and got a fairly good deal for the time of year I am flying.  Typing up my letter of resignation for work today.  Things are going so well, I am so happy!!!  Keeping up with the prayers that all will continue as well.  

Thanks again for all your advise....and great tips!!!

Cheers,
Vonny

Sponsored Links