Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Consulate interviews vs. mailing documents?  (Read 682 times)

• Liked: 0
Consulate interviews vs. mailing documents?
« on: March 15, 2005, 07:30:52 AM »
I've been debating which route to take for my fiance/e visa.  Unfortunately my fiance doesn't have a job yet, but I'm hopeful that he'll get something soon, as our wedding is May 30, and I'm planning to go over on May 1 in order to give notice at the registrar's office.  So I'll probably be applying in mid-April...I've gone through the Fast track forms just to get a sense of what they looked like.  I was wondering what people's experiences had been in terms of time frame.   For those that did interviews, how much time elapsed between sending in the application and having the interview?   I'd be going to the New York consulate.  I guess I'm just paranoid that something could happen to the documents in the mail and delay getting the visa.  Thanks very much for any advice.

• Liked: 8
Re: Consulate interviews vs. mailing documents?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 08:17:03 AM »
Now this is totally just my opinion, but I don't see the point of fast track if you're going to apply in person.  The entire process takes about 10 minutes once you get up to the window -- they take your documents and keep them for about an hour...then you come back to collect your visa.  If you're at all worried about the documents being lost in the mail, etc., don't send them -- just take them along when you go for your appointment.

If you're set on doing fast track, you can submit the application a couple of days before your appointment and then just bring the documents with you.

Sponsored Links