Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: This is all so confusing-financee visas vent  (Read 756 times)

• Liked: 70
This is all so confusing-financee visas vent
« on: March 21, 2005, 06:33:04 PM »
I get a headache everytime I even start reading.  We're getting married in about a year (5 April 2006), and I'll be visiting over there in July and December.  I think I want to apply for my visa in person.  I can't even figure out where to begin.  It seems as though every website tells me something different.  This should be sooo simple.  I want to live there, in England, get married, and bring my cat.  ARGH!!

• Liked: 0
Re: This is all so confusing-financee visas vent
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:57:40 PM »
Where are you getting married? If it's England  you'll need a fiance visa thsi is good for 6 months, see http://www.britainusa.com/visas/other_show.asp?SarticleType=25&Other_ID=320
Visting here shouldn't make any diffrence  as long as you have proof you're returning(if you're not on the finace visa by that point). If you apply in person it'll be in the US.

• York Interweb
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 10:34:19 PM »
Visting here shouldn't make any diffrence  as long as you have proof you're returning(if you're not on the finace visa by that point). If you apply in person it'll be in the US.

She cannot stay for longer than 6 months as just a visitor.

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2005, 04:18:26 AM »
I hear you -
but don't get overwhelmed
take it 1 step at a time
step 1: get your cat microchiped and save yourself a huge hassle by makeing sure you have the type of microchip the uk uses so you don't have to buy a scanner to carry around with you -
not cheap and not fun
i looked into bringing my dog to late and now have to spend 6 months crying about him well i'm in the uk with my fiance.
step 2: http://www.britainusa.com/visas/guidance/Settlement_Fiance(e)s.asp
check out this websight and download the proper papers

i'm about to apply in person in chicago (thursday march 31st)

honestly it seems harder to bring a pet to the uk then yourself.

there's nothing wrong with generalizing ~ everybody does it

• Liked: 8
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2005, 08:01:01 AM »
If you're in Atlanta, you'll apply to the NYC consulate (my experience is linked below).  If all is in order, you'll have your visa in a matter of hours. 

Esther is right -- if you're going to bring your cat over here, you need to start the PETS process as soon as possible.  If you want to feel like you're actually getting something done right now, go ahead and start on that.

It's really not as difficult as it seems!   Good luck!   :)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2005, 08:52:41 AM by Lola »

Sponsored Links