Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: battle with A&E and NHS  (Read 1906 times)

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
  • Liked: 0
battle with A&E and NHS
« on: July 11, 2003, 11:55:25 PM »
Hi

Last night at 10pm..Nigel my husband came home with awesome pains in his chest...he felt his heital hernia was flaring up and being a man got the macho ego...and No wasn't going to go to the hospital..this is like the 4th attack he's had in about 2 months..I got concerned and forced him to go to A&E..He never complains of pain so when he does I know it is bad..

anyway..after 1 hour of sitting in A&E..and frantically worrying they gave him some Enconox..(spelling?) to calm him and let off some of the pain Finally.
Then after 3 hours of waiting doctor came threw pushed on him and saied yes this needs to be investigated go to GP and get seen...WHY in living earth could they not just admit him and do the checks..I think it is his gallbladder.

Finally got home about 4am this morning

Some pills were given and a perscription was given and he was sent home

Well today.. Nigel went to GP's office to make appointment ect ect...just annoyed me they would not admit him..He had a high blood pressure..he was sweating a great deal.. I was kinda like a mother hen last night..

2nd VENT.

I am going threw some major health problems and been told to concider weight loss surgery.. So I'm trying to get a weight loss surgery on NHS..which NHS does cover but there is like a 3 year waiting list..If I want to pay something like 10 grand I can have it done in like 8 weeks.. I don't have that kinda money..so gotta just sit and wait
Cynda Gunn

Re: battle with A&E and NHS
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2003, 12:58:09 AM »
Cynda, l am sorry to hear about your husbands troubles. l know how frustrating it can be to get some medical attention for a loved one. Especially when you know the help is out there but they don't seem to be doing anything for them. Had a problems with a physiotherapist my husband was going to see for his back. She was manipulating his spine and such but to me how could they effectively help him for his back when no x-rays were taken at all. How did she "know" what was wrong?  :-/

Secondly, your weightloss program. l too need to loose a few pounds. And it has begun to happen, my jeans are now very loose on me.  ;D l am sooooooo happy!! for the first time in a long time l need to keep pulling them up!  ;D  For me, l haven't done anything different except for change the way l am eating and getting more exercise. l have cut out the fattening foods and eat more healthy! I know it's not going to come off over night but with persistance it will come off!

l think doing the surgery, is a quick fix to a major problem. And in the long run if you don't fix why your eating, after the surgery the weight will eventually come back on. Check out Dr Phil's Website and check out his weightloss section!! It's brilliant!!! www.drphil.com  

Good Luck!! All the Best............Trish

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2003, 01:04:17 AM »
Hi

anyway..after 1 hour of sitting in A&E..and frantically worrying they gave him some Enconox..(spelling?) to calm him and let off some of the pain Finally.
Then after 3 hours of waiting doctor came threw pushed on him and saied yes this needs to be investigated go to GP and get seen...WHY in living earth could they not just admit him and do the checks..I think it is his gallbladder.

Finally got home about 4am this morning

Some pills were given and a perscription was given and he was sent home

Well today.. Nigel went to GP's office to make appointment ect ect...just annoyed me they would not admit him..He had a high blood pressure..he was sweating a great deal.. I was kinda like a mother hen last night..

Cynda, if his gallbladder is the problem, (i.e. if he has stones) then admitting him last night would not have made a difference...all they would have been able to do is administer whatever medication they prescribed...to get rid of the stones (usually here they remove the gallbladder I believe-could be wrong) surgery needs to be scheduled, it's not an emergency situation.
I know it's frustrating when a loved one is in pain, but really it would not have made much difference.
The hiatal hernia is also something that would need surgical correction, if it is severe enough.  Most people with it don't need surgery though, they just need to watch their diet.

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2003, 01:22:14 AM »
Yep...the gall bladder digests fats so a more balanced diet would be key...plus removal...I have had severe pain due to the gall baldder in the past and just don't eat very high fat foods.  If I do I eat a small amount.

On the weight surgery issue...it's a scarey thing to have to go through but also costs a bit.  If you are having it for free is it not worth the wait? Time flies by fast and the thing is--it will require severe dietary changed on your part.  My cousin had it and can only eat little amounts and no fat..or she gets ill.  Maybe you can try to get ready by managing portions?

Anyway sounds like you did not have a good experience with the Medical system there...

sounds like me going to the Emergency Room here...hurry up and wait.  I could go off on HMO's but won't. ;D
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2003, 05:43:19 PM »
I had gallbladder troubles while in states and had it removed reason I thought Nigel was having gallbladder troubles as well.

2. yes I am willing to wait the wait for surgery. Infact today I got a letter to go see a specilist in Luton hospital on Monday so that was rather quick..I've tried portion control..it isn't amount I eat cause I really dont eat much..it is I am not phycially able to really exercise and don't have a great motabolism to burn off fat. I been on xencal, I've done the Atkins diet..and othes...had a battle most of my teen/adult years...soooo... we have to see what developes.

Cynda Gunn

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2003, 12:11:33 AM »
..I've tried portion control..it isn't amount I eat cause I really dont eat much..it is I am not phycially able to really exercise and don't have a great motabolism to burn off fat.

What weight loss surgery are they recommending for you?  

I'm a bit confused..I was under the impression that they were recommending gastric bypass...but if you truly do not eat much anyway, that is not going to help you (won't speed your metabolism, etc.).  Gastric bypass will only help you to limit the amount of food you actually eat, it won't help if there is a metabolic reason for your weight and it isn't related to your food intake.

• Banned

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • NGUNN.NET WEBSITE
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2003, 06:18:57 PM »
I just got ratty cause my partner was in pain...and nothing was done quickly..if someone never complains of pain and then is in tears..you do get a bit ansy...sorry but I don't feel paracedomal does anything at all..and  I felt the waiting time and all that was bollics..to use a british term.

about me...well I went to a obese clinic today and was told I only needed to probably lose 100 pounds..and can be done with advise and diets and a lifestyle change...and with the right help I feel I can achieve this goal.

I rather not go into all my medical formats..and problems..I will do what is best for myself and Nigel..but I am not real happy with that one evening with Nigel in pain and no one gave a toss.

have a good one.
Cynda Gunn

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2003, 06:33:11 PM »
Hey at least you didn't end up with a HUGE medical bill at the end of it though.  I had a gall-bladder attack a couple years ago and I agree it is agony but I made it through with pain-killers.  Seems like you have the determination to see your way through the system Cynda.  Good for you.

Sponsored Links