Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Naturalisation query  (Read 597 times)

• Liked: 14
Naturalisation query
« on: April 04, 2005, 07:53:23 PM »
Hiya ....
I was eligible for naturalisation July 04.. financial constraints are holding me back..However i am going to try to apply after my holiday in May.. so will be the end of May .. early June by the time i get the application done and in..
Any ideas how long the process is just now? How likely am i going to be without my US passport?
Also the forms ask for a accounting of all trips outside of the UK.. however my passport doesn't correspond with trips i know i've taken but don't remember exact dates for.. What do i so about that?..
Soo many questions :-)
Thanks ahead of time.
Kaylesh

Re: Naturalisation query
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 07:01:55 AM »
Hi Kay...
When i applied in November 04, the Home Office website said that applications were taking 8.07 months.  But in reality, it was less than 4 months. 

Sorry... I dont know the answer to your query about the trips outside the UK... i had a passport stamp for each time i was out of the UK, so it was easy to account for.

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 07:41:42 AM »
I was without my passport for nearly seven months.  But I know people who have had their application take longer and some it's taken much shorter.  So unfortunately, although there's an average, it seems to just depend!

I think the forms ask for accounting of all trips outside the UK within the last few years only....you don't have to go back to the beginning of time.  Don't know if that helps your situation or not, though.  I'm a bit confused as to how your passport ended up not having stamps in it for your trips? 

• Liked: 14
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 10:21:29 PM »
Aye i'm not sure how it didn't end up getting stamped either... sheesh.. The naturalisation forms ask you to go back 5 years from time of application. Which for me. will be June 2000.. I know i traveled to the states once in 2000 and either once or twice in 2001.. but i don't remember specifics.. Hey i'm lucky if i remember what way i took to work the day before. ROFL...
So they could have hold of my passport for anywhere from 4 to 8 months?
Shittttte.. i might be going back to the states on holiday in Oct and then again at xmas.. so i sure canna be  without the passport for that long.. waaaaaaaaa.. hmmm what to do... what to do...
Siggggh.
Kaylesh

Sponsored Links