Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Pet Travel Scheme -- US Developments  (Read 2788 times)

Pet Travel Scheme -- US Developments
« on: July 02, 2002, 08:29:50 PM »
This morning I saw a blurb on CNN Headline News about the anticipated relaxation of quarantine laws for pets travelling between the US and the UK.  I found the press release online and thought it might be useful.
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/index.htm

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
  • Liked: 0
Re: Pet Travel Scheme -- US Developments
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2002, 09:11:39 PM »
Thanks for this Scrumpy!  This is the most promising news on the PETS issue that I've heard in ages!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed as the thought of leaving my little pup just breaks my heart!  Maybe I'll be able to bring her with me anyway!  I know her presence will help me when I get the homesick blues!  ;D ;D
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2002, 10:02:58 PM »
It would make me so happy not to have to put my poor kitty thru the quarantine process.  ;D I reallllly hope they approve it. Blue (my kitty) and I will be keeping our fingers crossed. And YES he does have fingers...I discovered this at 5 a.m. the other morning when he managed to open a closed door by turning the door knob and scare the bejesus out of me.  :o

• Moving to England in September
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2002, 10:34:50 PM »
From reading the politician-speak, I don't think that they will extend the scheme before my cats have to go in the slammer. We leave in September and I'd be shocked if they got moving before then. Does anyone know if there's any chance they'll let the pets out of quarantine early once the new scheme goes into effect?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab