Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: worried about privacy issue when posting  (Read 753 times)

• Liked: 0
worried about privacy issue when posting
« on: May 10, 2005, 01:38:38 PM »
I'd like to post a question but don't know how secure this (or any similar) site is. So, for example, if I have a question about coming to the UK and knowing I might be overstaying a visa, can the IP address be traced, is there any risk to me posting a question here. I also imagine the post remaining online for years - so i'd just like to have this clarified a bit.
Thanks for any info.
Dr. Addams

Re: worried about privacy issue when posting
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 01:55:51 PM »
I think you'll find that none of us will offer you any advice on how to stay illegally in the UK.  So whether or not your IP can be traced is irrelevant.

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 02:23:02 PM »
IP address are not viewable by the general public.  Only the forum adminstrators can see this information.

But as SAF said, no one will offer any advice on overstaying visas or illegally entering the UK.  We will however offer loads of valuable advice for legally entering the UK.

HTH
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

• Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 06:54:13 PM »
The overstaying/entering UK example I mentioned was just an example. What I'm trying to find out is whether or not this forum is anonymous and what the risks are in general posting to such forums. Plus, it seems a bit rude to just flatly say you won't offer help. I've already read several posts that deal with people is all sorts of situations, trying to fix their status in the UK etc.  Anyway, thanks for any assistance.

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 07:19:41 PM »
We're happy to help you, we just won't help you do anything illegal.   ;) 

I would say, though, that if anonymity is what you're looking for, perhaps using an actual name as your login isn't the best idea.

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 09:29:29 AM »
The risk posting in this forum is the same as posting in any forum.  And as has been said - we will help with situations that exist to the point we can - but NO ONE on this forum will help anyone else do anything illegal.  So, advice on how to clean up a mess, fine.  Information or "tips" on how to create the mess in the first place - nope!  ;)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

Sponsored Links