Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Company to transfer funds  (Read 1296 times)

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
  • Liked: 0
Company to transfer funds
« on: May 14, 2005, 12:57:28 AM »
I just read about this company on VJ and thought I would nick it! The poster mentioned how he got a great rate in transferring his emigration funds and thought it would be a useful addition here. They offer all sorts of useful services for people moving money abroad or to here

What happens if you want to 'play safe' (buy the currency straight away because you are happy with the current exchange rate) but do not have all of the money at the outset? There is a solution that is employed daily by international businesses to protect their profit margins: a 'forward currency contract'.

"In essence, a 'forward contract' means that you can buy the currency now, and pay for it later (when you are ready to leave the UK or receive funds from your house sale). You will be required to pay a 10% deposit straight away and the 90% balance upon the maturity of the contract. For example, if you wish to buy £50,000 worth of Australian Dollars but do not need them for 3 months, you can agree the exchange rate now, place a £5,000 deposit, and pay the remaining £45,000 balance in 3 months. If the exchange rate moves at all in that 3-month period this will not affect you at all, as you have bought currency at the originally agreed rate. You can combine a forward contract with a target exchange rate (limit order)"

http://www.hifx.co.uk/pservices/emigration.asp
Born to shop..............forced to work

• chasing my rainbow, catching it and tying it down
  • Liked: 0
Re: Company to transfer funds
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 01:12:45 AM »
I am sorry, I just found an older reference to this company- I wondered how no-one had found it before, dear Mod, please delete!

Thanks!
Born to shop..............forced to work

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab