Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: work visa then entry clearance????  (Read 535 times)

• My heart belongs to Stephen
    • my space
  • Liked: 0
work visa then entry clearance????
« on: May 18, 2005, 11:48:48 AM »
Ok....so once I have mu work permit in my hands from my employer what do I do ??

I know that I need to get entry clearance, and I know that there is a British Embassy here in NYC right near where I work.  I was just wondering if 1.  I need to make an appointment, and if so can I do it online, and  what is the website?? 2. Can I apply in person? 3. How long does it take? 4. At what point is it ok for me to make the move? 5. What do I need to bring with me? 6. Is there any reason that they would deny entry clearance??

Confused once again!!!! :o

• Married! 4-7-4 (4th of April, 2007)
  • Liked: 1
Re: work visa then entry clearance????
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 12:49:18 PM »
You are fine.  Take a deep breathe.  Go to this website where they will have all your answers:  http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket/Xcelerate/ShowPage&c=Page&cid=1006977149953

If you have the work visa than you should be fine.  It's not a huge deal!  Once again...deep breathe!!!

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 12:59:22 PM »
1.)  Yes, you can make an appt online.  Very helpful website has already been posted.
2.)  You can apply in person if you live near the consulate, which it sounds like you do.  Just have all the appropriate information on hand.
3.)  Once you have had a chance to check out the website, make an appointment and you have all your documents in hand, the process of getting entry clearance or a visa took about an hour.  I went across the street and went shopping in Ann Taylor whilst I waited. 
4.)  I don't know if you have to know the date you are moving over, I think you can pick a day as early as the next day after your appointment to travel to the UK.
5.)  Website will have all the details. 
6.)  Not sure, but I had no problem with a work permit already issued.

It really was easy.  I was all stressed too, because I thought once I had the work permit I was set and then I figured out that I needed to get a visa.  Had to make a special trip from Boston to NY with about 5 days to spare. 

• My heart belongs to Stephen
    • my space
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 02:27:07 PM »
Thank you ladies!!! I am definately a bit more ZEN -like bc of you .....for now that is...lol!!!!!  I look forward to when this is all over and I am the one giving advice!!!!

Sponsored Links