Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: About to file e-fasttrack--A few questions!!  (Read 599 times)

• Liked: 0
About to file e-fasttrack--A few questions!!
« on: May 20, 2005, 02:24:56 PM »
So, even though this form looks ridiculously simple compared to US immigration forms, I'm still confused on a couple of points.

I'm married to a UK citizen, and this is the first marriage for both of us. So, for the question "Have you ever been married, or in a relationship like a marriage?" I want to say "Yes" since I am married to him. But do they mean other marriages, or does this one count, too? Same type of question with "Have you ever been engaged to be married?"

I think that's the main stuff that I was confused about. If any experienced settlement applicants can clarify this for me, I'd appreciate it.  :)

Re: About to file e-fasttrack--A few questions!!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2005, 02:31:54 PM »
I answered no to those questions and they never asked about them so I guess I was right in my answer.

• my name is jonas
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2005, 02:36:00 PM »
i have often wondered the same thing.  i will be putting no too.

and good luck!!
had a bit of a wobble.

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 02:38:36 PM »
It means prior marriages or partnerships that were akin to marriage (ie long-term living together).
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 03:59:22 PM »
I was puzzled over that one as well.  We put "no" -- I was applying for a spousal visa and we had JUST married and had NOT lived together.  It didn't come up in question.

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 05:47:54 PM »
Thanks! I'll now put "No." Another question, although I think I've got this one right...for the question "Will you or your sponsor receive income form any other sources, including friends and family?" I plan on putting "No." His mum will act as our co-sponsor, if necessary, and I have her pay stubs, employer letter, and letter of support, but this is not "income" as such. Am I correct in putting "No" and is there anywhere on the form to indicate that we have a co-sponsor (other than the additional info box)?

Thanks again! Can't wait till it's in my hand!!

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 08:48:04 PM »
Obviously I got those questions wrong, because we were married so I said "yes."  There was no hitch with my application.

Another confusing question was it asked for passport numbers twice.  Can't remember how that was phrased.  So I put my current passport number twice, and then thinking that maybe they wanted to see my most recently expired passport, I mailed that with the packet.  Again, no hitch.

Jim

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab