Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: For Wench - Roasted Veg Pitta  (Read 780 times)

For Wench - Roasted Veg Pitta
« on: August 24, 2003, 05:50:20 PM »
When Wench came over last weekend, I made us lunch before going to Lakeside.  She asked for the recipe so figured I'd post it here for all.

It was a recipe I picked up from Weight Watchers.  

Cut up some different veggies: courgettes, onions, tomatoes, peppers, or whatever you have handy and/or turns you on.  What you pick is open for interpretation.  

I put them in a roasting pan, but a cookie sheet works.  When Wench was here, I tossed the veggies with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar before putting them in the oven.  I've also used low fat cooking spray and I've also used nothing.  Today I used a little coconut oil and balsamic vinegar and they turned out real nice.  

Put them in the oven (about 200 degrees C) for about 20-30 minutes.  I always check them after about 10-15 minutes.  

Once done roasting, drain off any excess juices.  Cut open a pitta bread.  I put about a teaspoon or two of low fat mayo on my bread but one could also use houmous or if you like, nothing at all.  

Then fill the pocket with veggies and enjoy!  Really easy, very tasty and pretty healthy too.

• wench
  • Gin-soaked Floozie

• Caution: wench on board
    • Wenchstead
  • Liked: 0
Re: For Wench - Roasted Veg Pitta
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2003, 04:45:01 PM »
mmmmmm....I'm gonna eat that this weekend!  :D

Thanks hon!
wench
Ask and ye shall be babbled at.

Sponsored Links