Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Re: Triggers  (Read 1478 times)

Re: Perogies and Shoo-fly pie (A PA Dutch Theme)
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2004, 11:20:57 PM »
As for Mrs T's frozen ones, Melissa, I thought they were pretty darn yummy (although not quite as good as grandma's old homemade ones but certainly a good replacement.....) so go on and give them a try!!

Cool..thanks lynne. :) I'll buy some this weekend. Oh..one other question...when I cook them in the butter are they supposed to get browned (like Chinese potstickers) or just stay more like dumplings?

• Liked: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 02:26:39 PM »
Ok I've never tried pierogies. :o But I have a question. In the grocery stores around here they have frozen potato and cheese pierogies. I believe the name brand is Mrs. T's. They look good and I've always wanted to try them but was afraid to. Has anybody here ever eaten them and do they taste at all like the real thing? and how would you prepare them and what do you serve them with? Thanks :)

Mrs. T's are awesome...  esp. the potato and cheese ones.  i used to buy them a lot.  basically, they are frozen, and u just boil them for a few minutes.  really simple.

then pour melted butter, or garlic and herb butter over the top and serve. ;D  yummie!
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2004, 02:40:56 PM »
 They wern't too bad at all  :) I used hamburger and mixed cheeses as the filling .My daughter really liked them.She had asked when she first saw them "Is it ravioli?" She loves ravioli :D

Ta again for the recipie

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 07:43:18 PM »
yay!  i'm glad that your daughter liked them!  

basically they are the same sort of thing as ravioli, just Polish-style... ;D

« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 07:43:43 PM by Lost_Angel »
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 07:56:51 PM »
 "yay!  i'm glad that your daughter liked them! "

Ta very much.She sure did,I had to fix them 2 nights for her.Hubby wasnt as keen,but then again he is a picky old git  ;D ;D ;D  

« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 07:57:30 PM by Rhia66 »

• Philadelphia, PA to York in 2000
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 09:44:19 PM »

...when I cook them in the butter are they supposed to get browned (like Chinese potstickers) or just stay more like dumplings?

When you boil them, they should stay more like dumplings. But if I had some left over (I always made the whole big bag and put any left in the fridge), I wouldn't boil them again but stick them in the frying pan with the butter and just slightly brown them. There was no particular reason for this aside from maybe trying to make it a bit different from the night before.  ;)

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2004, 09:59:24 PM »

" I wouldn't boil them again but stick them in the frying pan with the butter and just slightly brown them. There was no particular reason for this aside from maybe trying to make it a bit different from the night before. "

LOL,I did the same ,thats weird!

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2004, 05:30:18 PM »
i thought i'd add this...  yummie...  ;D

Pierogies With Artichokes[/u]

potato/onion pierogies
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 can artichoke hearts, 10 to 12 count, chopped
2 medium sized onions
3 cloves fresh garlic
spices: (use whatever you like to flavor this)
olive oil

Place onions and garlic in olive oil in a large frying pan. When they are beginning to brown, add the can of diced tomatoes including juice and also add the artichoke hearts.  Stir all of these together and let simmer. In the meantime, boil water and drop pierogies in. (they are done when they float.) Serve pierogies on plate and put some of artichoke mixture over pierogies. For some protein with this meal, serve with beans or peas.
Serves 5 to 6.

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2004, 05:59:10 PM »
I love pierogies, I just had some this weekend at a great place just down the rode from th V&A museum. London has a really large polish community you can even buy some to take home :)
Always saddle your own horse

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2004, 08:53:23 PM »
I love pierogies, I just had some this weekend at a great place just down the rode from th V&A museum. London has a really large polish community you can even buy some to take home :)

aaw... i wish i were closer to London...  :-/

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2004, 09:46:05 PM »
Angel,  I think London is only about a 2 hr. train trip from your neck of the woods,it takes me about 1 1/2 to get there,I can leave my house at 10am and be back long before I'm missed ;D I do it about every 5-6 weeks. I'm not driving yet so it makes me feel a little bit free. There's nothin like wandering around a strange city alone  8)
Always saddle your own horse

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2004, 04:33:18 PM »
i would totally get lost... i know it.  *lol*
for now, i think i will stick to making them from scratch, but i will keep the London ones in mind for the next time that we visit.  ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab