Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Going home for a visit  (Read 1509 times)

• My little cutie
  • Liked: 0
Going home for a visit
« on: September 01, 2003, 01:01:23 PM »
Hello all....I am planning on a trip home in Nov. for three weeks any one have any cheap flights that they know of?

• Fat people are hard to kidnap.
    • Flickr
Re: Going home for a visit
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2003, 03:16:28 PM »
I like this site:  http://www.cheapflights.co.uk/
If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. ~Carl Sagan

• Burlesque Dancing Yogini
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2003, 09:19:55 PM »
Check out British Airways and American Airlines. Not sure exactly when the dates were but both were offering round trip flights from Heathrow to JFK for $234 round trip. If you arent from New York, you can catch a Jet Blue cheap flight from JFK to your home state (if they offer one to wherever you live.) Good luck!
Lived in Cheltenham, England> 2003-2004
Lived in London, England> August 2005- April 2009
Back home in Brooklyn, NY since April 2009

• My little cutie
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2003, 02:25:07 PM »
That would be great but with a baby (she will just have turned a year old when we go) I dont really want to do a change over...so I am really looking for non-stop flights.

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2003, 09:02:53 PM »
What city are you flying into?

• My little cutie
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2003, 10:00:09 PM »
detroit metro

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2003, 11:01:45 PM »
Hey there,

I checked American for you. It doesnt seem they fly direct to Detroit' you'd have to change in Chicago or New York.

British Airways does fly direct to Detroit from Heathrow; I was playing around the dates and if you leave 14-Oct (Tues) and return 02-Nov (Thurs) it would be 415 pounds total for one adult.

Virgin Air does not fly direct to Detroit; you'd have to stop in NY and take another airlines.

United doesn't seem to fly direct; you'd have to stop in DC (Delles.)

Continental is crazy... From London, to Jfk, the cab it to Laguardia, then fly to cleavland and then detroit. Geez!

I know you probably want to spend as much time with your family as possible (and dont want to change flights) but Iceland Air is really cool. They allow a 3 day stopover free in Iceland!! You'd have to change planes at JFK though...

If you (or your husband) takes any Uni classes, you can get super cheap flights thru http://www.statravel.com (Student Travel.)

You can check out the travel websites: Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz and Cheap Flights- not sure if they accomodate UK citizens but they might have UK websites thru the American versions. Sometimes though they offer the same prices as the airlines websites so check both before you book. Occasioanlly you can get a discount booking a flight directly thru the airline website. Also, phone them and ask if there are any special discounts. Remember, its always cheaper to fly Tues through Thursday~ occasionally Monday also has the same prices as Tues-Thurs. (You probably know all this already!)

If you do end up having to switch in NY, you would have to use a "large" airlines as Southwest only leaves from Long Island (about 40 min east of JFK) and JetBlue does not fly to Detroit.

Did you fly direct to England when you came over? Which airlines, if you did so? I can further research that airlines then.

Sorry I couldnt be of much help.

• Officially a UK Yank!! Established 2002
  • Liked: 38
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2003, 11:54:39 PM »
Hello, I always fly into detroit metro as well...i know this much that if you want british airways - direct nonstop to there you have to go from heathrow...we live closer to gatwick so we usually find a northwest flite direct from there to detroit...
british airways doesnt do direct from gatwick...

i use the student sites and also have found flites through expedia.co.uk...
:)
My home for 18 years since June 2002. Became a citizen 2006

Sponsored Links