Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I need a visa please help  (Read 833 times)

• Liked: 0
I need a visa please help
« on: June 22, 2005, 09:52:56 PM »
I studied in the uk for three years and have lived there for a year after on a visitor visa. Now it's expired and i've had to leave my career as an artist, my friends, my studio, my entire life really. I don't know anyone to marry and don't qualify for an artists visa, any suggestions?
Thanks, Homesick

Re: I need a visa please help
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »
What visa did you study on?  Why did you have to leave-were you deported?  (Which does affect your possibility for other visas?)

Keep in mind we won't offer suggestions on how to do things illegally-although you've already seen the consquences of illegal immigration activities.  But we will certainly try to help you find the best, legal way for you to come back. 

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 10:27:44 PM »
Are you sure you don't qualify?

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/other_show.asp?SarticleType=25&Other_ID=333
Requirements for entry clearance;

Is established outside the United Kingdom as a writer, composer or artist primarily engaged in producing original work which has been published (other than solely in newspapers or magazines), performed or exhibited for its literary, musical or artistic merit;

Does not intend to work except as a self-employed writer, composer or artist( work permits will be required for those who wish to work for wages/salary or be on the payroll of a company);

Has for the year preceding year maintained and accommodated him/herself (and any dependants) from his/her own resources, without working, except as a writer, composer or artist;

Is able to be maintained and accommodated (and any dependants) from his/her own resources, without working, except as a writer, composer or artist;

is able to maintain and accommodate (and any dependants) from his/her own resources without working (except as a writer, composer or artist) and without recourse to public funds.

This visa may be your only chance unless you move back here as a student or can get sponsored for a work permit.  You did overstay your visitor's visa and that may impact any future immigration.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2005, 03:37:52 AM »
I agree with Kristi, theres a artist visa that you can apply for. but if you do it, you will have to work as an artist there, you cant have another career

I studied in the uk for three years and have lived there for a year after on a visitor visa.
Again I agree with Kristi on this. you said you stayed there for a year on your visiting visa. Visiting visas are only for 6 months. So unless you made some type of special arrangment with the immigrations, that will probably impact you.

• Contraltos do it lower....
    • Forever Autumn
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 07:57:55 AM »
I don't know anyone to marry

And, you definitely would not just want to marry someone in order be able to live in the UK!  It's marriages of convenience that make it difficult for the rest of us (who have married for love) to deal - easily - with immigration.  Don't even consider it. >:( 

Now, that rant's over.  I feel for you and your "homesickness".  I agree with what the others have said; you are going to have difficulty, regardless, because you overstayed on a visitors visa. But, don't give up just yet.  See if you can get sponsored for a work visa and/or see if you can get back as a student. 

« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 04:37:35 PM by Songmistress »
I was born in the Summer and at Night...my mother named me AUTUMN DAWN.  True story.

Jamie's...beyond the stars and past eternity.

EMAIL or PM me for information about gigs or about booking me (solo gig) or the band.

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2005, 05:39:16 PM »
BlairNottony I don't know anyone to marry
Songmistress:It's marriages of convenience that make it difficult for the rest of us (who have married for love) to deal - easily - with immigration

I agree with songmistress. Considering a sham marriage is wrong,very wrong. And you will more then likely to be found out about this if you even try to do it. So just do it the legal way.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2005, 06:02:42 PM »
Seems to me that  blairnottony has already seen the error of his/her ways and is looking for suggestions as to what kind of visa s/he might be able to qualify for, so has anyone any more ideas besides what Kristi has already mentioned?  I wonder if there is any possibility of work visa sponsorship?

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2005, 08:52:44 PM »
I wonder if there is any possibility of work visa sponsorship?

The fastest and easiest route is a work permit for a T1 implant.  5 day turnaround in 90% for 90% of the applicants.

What most young "Merkins" don't consider is that the sponsor absolutely does *NOT* have to be an American house.  It can be any company anywhere who needs somebody in the UK where the ability to bop in and out of the US is an additional advantage.  All my years on work permits, come to think of it, I was never sponsored by an American company.

It's something to consider...

Sponsored Links