Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hello all...again!  (Read 732 times)

• I see you shiver, with antici...pation
  • Liked: 0
Hello all...again!
« on: September 27, 2003, 09:27:30 PM »
Well, I introduced myself a fair while ago, but then I never posted... Anyways... ;D

My name is Kat, I'm 22 and I live in London (via Oregon) with my british hubby. I've been here for about 2 months now! Our living situation isn't ideal right now, but it never is when you sell everything and go, eh? ;D

I'm pretty much just looking for a job right now, either working as an aide in a primary class or doing customer service. My hubby is an award winning close-up magician... you can catch him busking some nights in Soho.

Anyways, I guess that's about it. Look forward to "talking" with all of you! Take it easy...

=Kat=
I like my women like I like my coffee... in a plastic cup. - Eddie Izzard

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
  • Liked: 1
Re: Hello all...again!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 11:03:37 PM »
Welcome back, Kat!  Great to see you here again and hopefully you'll stick around a bit this time now that you're here.   ;)

What an interesting career your hubby has!  How cool!

There's a bunch of us getting together tomorrow in Hyde Park if you want to join us.  One of the best ways to get settled here is to make friends with people who can totally understand your need for decent peanut butter and Mexican food.   ;D

Anyway, welcome to London and hope you're getting along alright.  It's a lot to get used to, but you're probably still in the early stages of being too overwhelmed with everything to be too homesick yet.  But we'll be here if/when it comes.  :)

Hope to see you around more!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 11:05:45 PM by wishstar »

• Garden Butterflies
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2003, 02:30:13 PM »
Welcome back Kat...   Good luck with finding a job...  and how cool with your Hubby's career...  hope you stick around for a while now.
Logic is one thing, it keeps us in control!
But the heart only knows one, which is the  
depths of our soul!

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 06:28:58 AM »
;D Just wanted to add my welcome to the others.  I can't wait to learn more about how you guys decided to live in the UK and all about the busking!  Sounds exciting!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 05:47:58 PM »
Hi Kat.  Great to meet you.  Glad you are posting.  We love new people here - they taste great and are less filling.

Kidding.  Write soon.  How are you loving London?
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 06:28:37 PM »
We love new people here - they taste great and are less filling.

[smiley=laugh.gif]

Welcome back Kat. :)

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 03:19:37 PM »
Well, the story goes like this:
In '99, a friend and I came to London to backpack around for a while. About a week and a half into our trip, we were walking through Leicester Square about 7PM. All of a sudden we hear this "Daaaamn!" directed towards us. We turn around and there's this guy staring at my friend completely slack-jawed (she's a dancer/model). So, we go back and start talking to him at one of the coffee shops in the square. After a little while, his friend, the magician comes over and starts doing magic for us. After that, we all stayed out until 7AM getting to know eachother, and I kissed the magician, Craig, goodbye when they dropped us off at our Hostel. We've been together ever since!  ;D

The weird thing was, I saw Craig on the street about 2 or 3 hours before I actually met him. He didn't see me, but when I saw him, there was a very loud and distinct voice in my head that said "That's the man you're gonna marry!" Of course, I thought it was a complete joke until I actually met him later that night. We were engaged within 4 months, married in 8!

Anyways, long story short, I moved here in 2000  to be with him w/o a proper visa, so I kinda got kicked out of England. He moved to the States a few months after me (pure torture when you're engaged!), and after living there "permanently" for 3 years, we've moved back to London, this time with my settlement visa in hand!

Well, I guess that's quite enough from me. There's the last 4 years of my life in a nutshell for ya! ;)

• Wishstar
  • Fully Certified British Citizen

• Supplier of useless knowledge
    • An American in London
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 10:51:08 PM »
Wow!  What a story!   ;D  

Sounds like you've both been through a lot together.  I'm sure you're just glad to be settled.  Do you plan on staying here in London permanently then?

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2003, 11:39:26 PM »
Well...I'm going to say yes, we're here permanently. BUT, bear in mind we moved back to the states "permanently" as well, and that turned out to be 3 years. Who knows... ::)

• California Dreamin'
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2003, 01:25:43 PM »
Hi Kat...that is an amazing story!

Just wanted to say hi and welcome, and that any friend of Eddie's is a friend of mine! ;)
Cake or death? Cake please!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab