Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Dog quarantine process in France?  (Read 4434 times)

• Cupboard space...I need more cupbard space!
  • Liked: 2
Dog quarantine process in France?
« on: May 01, 2002, 04:12:24 PM »
Greetings to the board! I am new to the forum, and will be relocating to the UK with my husband sometime this summer. My question is about bringing my dog, Tucker, to the UK through France. I read about the Cani-excel program in the pets section of UK Yankee, and would like to know if anyone has used their service.

Essentially, the dog still has a 6 month quarantine period, the "rabies watch," if you will, only it is in France in a home setting. France is a country in the PETS scheme. They get walks, outside exercise and can play with other dogs. Cani-excel handles all the paperwork and shipping organization (or is that -isation?).

So I'm asking anyone and everyone with information on Cani-excel to let me know how things went!

Thanks, Karen
Karen

• I love mankind...It's people I can't stand.
  • Liked: 0
Re: Dog quarantine process in France?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2002, 09:02:25 PM »
Sorry Kareno, haven't used them.  But welcome to the board!  You'll like it here, everyone does!  ;)
Friends don't let friends get "Friends" haircuts!

• Liked: 24
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2002, 12:53:04 PM »
Hi Kareno, I also received your email regarding this, but I'll post my reply here.

I do know of one family who used this service and they were extremely satisfied customers. I do have an email address for her, if it still works. I will email her and ask her to come post a message in reply to your questions.  :)

Leah

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2002, 03:54:46 PM »
Thanks for the replies! I'm currently overwhelmed with all we have to do before we move. Later, when we're in the UK, I'm sure I'll be overwhelmed with all I don't know. I can see that this is a forum I'll be visiting often. Best to all!

Kareno
Karen

• Living by the sea with the man of my dreams!
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2002, 09:59:00 PM »
I came upon a website a while ago that advertised this service.  It sounded so good but, unfortunately, I did not save it.  I'd like to hear more about this as well. I'm going to have to leave my little dog with my parents here in the US as I don't think she could deal with the normal process and from what I read, I don't think the UK is going to relax this requirement for a long time to come.  This other option sounded so much more pleasant.  From what I recall, it was pretty close to the same in cost to the normal quarantine situation in the UK. :-/
Life should NOT be a journey to the
grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well
preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand,
wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and
screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2002, 01:41:06 PM »
:D We're finally here! Sorry it's been too long since I checked in, but we've made it, as did our furniture, and more importantly, the computer.

With regard to the previous sender, check out www.ledogstop.com. That is the website of the service I'm using. My dog is living with a very nice retired British couple who live in France, and seems to be enjoying his holiday. I'm so thankful for this service when I see the emailed pictures of Tucker romping in their back yard. I don't think he's missing me enough, though.  ;)

The cost is a little bit more than the normal quarantine, but for what my dog is getting in return, it is more than worth it to me.

Good luck!
Karen, now happily ensconced in Wimbledon Park
Karen

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2002, 01:51:53 PM »
Hey, Karen!
Glad you made it and welcome to the UK!  Hope you're settling in OK-and feel free to ask any questions.  Glad to hear your dog is happy too.  

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab