Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bank account annoyance  (Read 959 times)

• Liked: 0
Bank account annoyance
« on: September 07, 2005, 12:53:33 PM »
I have nothing with my name and address on it, that I can use to open an account. Other than waiting who knows how long until I get a job, is there anything I can do? I was told I can get a letter from the college, which I did, and it wasn't enough.......

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
Re: Bank account annoyance
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005, 12:56:22 PM »
You will need a UK address to open an account, but I don't think necessarily a job. Are you going to be going to the college or working there? What are you doing for housing? Once you know your address, I'd think that might be sufficient to open an account.
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 12:57:42 PM »
You will need a UK address to open an account, but I don't think necessarily a job. Are you going to be going to the college or working there? What are you doing for housing? Once you know your address, I'd think that might be sufficient to open an account.

I'm not going back to college until next year because it's far too expensive this year. All of the bills are under his name.

• Banned

• Big black panther stalking through the jungle!
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 01:11:44 PM »
How about a letter from some official department with the address on it? 

Maybe something from immigration or DVLA, for example.
From
Bar
To car
To
Gates ajar
Burma Shave

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dreaming of one who truly is La plus belle pour aller danser.

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005, 01:15:34 PM »
All of the bills are under his name.

When I was first trying to get a bill in my own name - I found that the council tax was the easiest to add my name to. They will normally send you out a new booklet right away after adding you.  Might want to try that.
Never criticize a man until you have walked a mile in his shoes....that way you are a mile a way - and you have his shoes....

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005, 01:22:45 PM »
not all councils may do this, but mine (east northampton) does.  i went into the offices in person, asked to be put onto council tax, and left with a letter saying as such.  that did the trick for me.
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

Sponsored Links