Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Just arrived and heading for Divorce  (Read 1301 times)

Just arrived and heading for Divorce
« on: September 22, 2005, 06:30:20 PM »
All,
My wife and I just arrived to the UK from the US six months ago due to "Her" job transfer. Unfortunately we have decided to go our separate ways and I need advice.
Currently I have a 5-Year Dependant Work Visa, and I want to continue living in the UK, the place is so beautiful.

Questions are:
1. I have a Work Visa, but not a job. If I get a job and we are divorced, am I required to leave the UK?
2. Are Dependant Work Visa's verified prior to employment or during employment?
3. Should I share a flat for a while or is council housing an option?
4. I want to become a British Citizen and believe I only need to be here four years to make that happen. Is this correct?

Thanks again for all the assistance any of you can provide, I sincerely appreciate it.
My email is: mwcarson@msn.com if your reply is confidential.

Cheers

• Does my bum look big in this?
  • Liked: 0
Re: Just arrived and heading for Divorce
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 07:17:57 PM »
Sorry to hear things are not going well.  The only advice I have is to contact an immigration expert or perhaps your local citizens advice bureau - sounds like you may need some professional advice on how to proceed.
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

Sponsored Links