Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bit of a cheek - help needed!!  (Read 663 times)

• Liked: 0
Bit of a cheek - help needed!!
« on: October 21, 2005, 01:12:24 PM »
I wasn't sure where to put this (so feel free to move it etc!)

Originally my boyfriend was planning on coming over here to be with me, maybe along the study route and I wanted to thank everyone on here who helped with their input on that.

Unfortunately, financially, this isn't going to be a workable solution for us :(  However, it came to us that "why didn't I go and study out there?" (as the college he attends is apparently the cheapest around).

Anyway to cut a long story short, we may now be doing this, but in the meantime (til I can get accepted, get a student visa etc) we were wondering about me staying out there, 90 days at a time under the Visa Waiver Program.  I have been unable to find any similar forums to this one (ie for UK residents wanting to go to the US) and wondered if either any of you had any idea how many times I could go back/forth under the VWP (I'm talking like coming back for a fortnight and then going back to the US) or if anyone knows of any helpful websites/forums that I could look at?

Thanks again for any helpful advice :D

Re: Bit of a cheek - help needed!!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 01:27:38 PM »
You might get so input on the Repatriation Board... although not exactly what you want to do (yet) more the right direction... somewhere on that board, I've seen a link to a reprical website (UKC in the USA)... good luck!
If you harbour bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

• Tis Me!
    • My Family Photos
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 01:32:23 PM »
it's called Dive into America........for British Expats in the USA

http://forum.diveintoamerica.com/index.php

• US to UK to US to UK.
    • Flying Nunns
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 03:13:31 PM »
Moving this to visas and citizenship...
I'm done moving. Unrepatriated back to the UK, here for good!

Angels are made out of Coffee Beans, Noodles, and Carbon.

http://flyingnunns.blogspot.com
http://coffeebeancards.etsy.com

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 03:45:20 PM »
My DH would spend 30 days in the US and 30 days away while we were dating.  He used visa waver for a while, but got yanked for an interview eventually.  They recomended he get a B1/B2 visa (multiple entry visitor vias).  To be quite honest, we're not sure if he didn't get anymore trouble because of the vias or because they had his whole life story in the computer now. 

Hope you find what you're looking for.
Dream a dream of England .......... Some day

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2005, 06:22:59 PM »
My DH would spend 30 days in the US and 30 days away while we were dating.  He used visa waver for a while, but got yanked for an interview eventually.  They recomended he get a B1/B2 visa (multiple entry visitor vias).  To be quite honest, we're not sure if he didn't get anymore trouble because of the vias or because they had his whole life story in the computer now. 

Hope you find what you're looking for.

Thanks for that encouraging reply!!  Just to know that it has partially be done before, gives me/us a ray of hope.  Having to wait to go over there under a "relationship visa" is going to take us a while (loooong story!!)

I'll have to go and look up some information on the B1/B2 visa then ... I hadn't even heard of that one!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2005, 07:50:46 PM »
If you really wanna come here, I cheated the system a bit. You can pm me for more details. I'm not saying it's for everyone, but it worked for me, been here three years now, and I have I.L.R.
Deb

'If it's too loud, you're too old!!'

' Regret the things you do, not the things you didn't'

http://debbiesmomentsintime.blogspot.com/

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab