Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Question about getting a new passport before applying for fiance visa  (Read 392 times)

• Liked: 0
Sorry if I'm being dense and this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I didn't find any exact mention of it in a search.  I think I remember something similar to it being mentioned, but couldn't find it for the life of me!

I just had a sudden thought when I realized that my name will legally be changing before I apply for my visa, so I'll be getting a new passport.

Will the stamps and stuff saying when I entered the UK and the US be in my new passport?  If not, do I need to provide something else proving I've been there and met my fiance and stuff?  I have my boarding passes, and credit card receipts from hotels.  Was just wondering whether it'd make a difference or not if I no longer had a passport that was stamped with entrance into the UK.

*Edit* Oho, the thing I saw was about tranferring FLR and ILR to a new passport, and it's stickied at the top of this section...that'd be the similar thing.  I'm so observant!   ::)  Oh well, it's not exactly the same, I guess, so might as well ask anyway!
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:01:02 AM by candice »
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama

Re: Question about getting a new passport before applying for fiance visa
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2005, 11:30:51 AM »
Hi Candice.... When you get your new passport they will also return your old passport to you. You will want to bring your old passport with you when you apply for your visa so they can see when you've entered the UK. They would probably accept your boarding passes but the passport stamps would be much better and I'd definitely go with that.

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2005, 11:47:18 AM »
Oh!  Thanks.  ;D  I didn't think of that...

I didn't realize your old passport always got returned to you as well.  I was thinking it was like drivers licenses where they keep and destroy the invalid ones...and that you only got it back if there was already a visa on it or something.  That makes a lot more sense.  Thanks again.  :)

(Does anyone else find themselves feeling like a ditz throughout this process when they find out the answers to their questions are really really simple?  :-X )
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. - Dalai Lama

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2005, 11:51:06 AM »

(Does anyone else find themselves feeling like a ditz throughout this process when they find out the answers to their questions are really really simple?  :-X )

Don't worry about it. It's a lot of information to learn all at once. Once you go through it, you'll be giving people advice too.

Good luck!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab