Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What do I do about my prescriptions?  (Read 2709 times)

• From Houston to Oxon 12/02
    • Lord Celery
  • Liked: 1
What do I do about my prescriptions?
« on: August 01, 2002, 05:13:55 PM »
OK Everybody, here's my first question for the group:

I take several prescriptions all the time...Claritin and blood pressure medicines.  What happens when I move to Oxford?  Should my GP here in Houston write new prescriptions for me to take to the new GP in Oxford so that he can rewrite them?  Can I use my new prescriptions from Houston at a dispensing chemist in Oxford?  Is it better that I arrange to bring a big supply of the meds with me and then seek my Houston GP's help for refills?

Surely some of you have gone through this, and I can't seem to find any information about "pre-existing conditions" and prescriptions for them in anything I've read on the internet...so far, anyway.  I should add that I'll be working for a UK organization and will be paying UK taxes and will be covered also by their private health insurance.

Thanks...

Janet
Houston, TX (Oxford in November/December)

Re: What do I do about my prescriptions?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2002, 06:06:28 PM »
Janet, I didn't have any problem getting the perscriptions that I used in the states, including Claritin which I have to take as I can't take most cold medicines without ending up in the hospital.  If anything the Dr.s were a bit blase (sp?) about the whole thing.  Just asked me a few questions and gave me a perscription.  If you can, I would wait till you get over here as it is MUCH cheaper to get it filled.  Not to mention you can get it over the counter, but only 5 tablets at a time (not sure about the strength).
'Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.' - Emerson

• From Houston to Oxon 12/02
    • Lord Celery
Re: What do I do about my prescriptions?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2002, 11:33:36 PM »
Thanks for all the good information!  This was exactly what I needed, and I really appreciate your comments!

Janet

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab