Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Help - I'm confused- need reliable tax accountant qualified in the UK and US.  (Read 3162 times)

• Liked: 0
Hi everyone,

So glad to have stumbled onto this forum. I am feeling very out of my depths. Perhaps you all can help.

Can anyone recommend a good, tax accountant who is qualified in the UK and US?
 Someone you've used before and was happy with your returns and their fee.

I moved to the UK in April and married my British husband in May. Since then, I've been working Self Employed.
 Now its tax time (i think)... and i dint have the slightest clue how to file...

I don't even know where to begin,  all the websites read like Egyptian to me, and my head it swirling with questions and concerns...

Figure it would be a good idea to start on the correct foot the first time around. That way I can get a good idea of what forms are needed... best ways to save... keep good records ...and all that...

Any help you could share would be much appreciated,

Thanks a lot
Ilysa

• Liked: 36
Hi there!

Check a company called British American Tax at http://www.britishamericantax.com/

:)

Dennis! West London Slough UK!!

• Liked: 102
There is a slight problem in recommending British American Tax in that this is a one-person business and it is not dual qualified; which was what the questioner requested.

The business owner is not UK qualified so will not be a position to provide qualified UK assistance.

Buyer beware...

Thank you.

Have you ever used them before?  ;D

Its  the Uk filing i am more concerned with  anyway... as Ive never filed here before.

And being that I am self employed, it doesn't seem to be very straightforward....

Any help????

Hi there! We just moved here in 2005 so this is my first year to deal with US & UK taxes. I think we are going to use this firm http://www.ht-tax.co.uk/ as they say they are qualified accountants in both the US and UK.

HTH
Stop waiting. Start doing.

I have used Malcolm Offord for both US and UK taxes for 9 years.  Before that I used Peat Marwick.  Malcolm is fine for both countries.  He's in Kent, and reachable at 01322 861601 and MJOTAX@aol.com

adding as an afterthought:  there's nothing to stop you from at least *TRYING* for a discount based upon this referral, is there?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2006, 06:26:31 PM by garry »

• Death and taxes: I'd rather pay tax than be dead.
    • British American Tax
Clearing my name here.

Guya, please research your replies before you answer them.  Any UK returns we do at British American Tax are prepared by licensed UK tax preparers.  I myself am not UK licensed, but it doesn't mean that the work is not done by certified licensed Brits.
Liz Z i t z o w, EA
British American Tax

• Liked: 102
Oops, apologies Lizzit, but your website gives no indication that you have any employees who handle UK tax, nor that you have any UK business licenses.  I may be wrong, but I think I have seen advertisements saying that you give immigration advice in the UK (in some magazine that I was flicking through in WH Smiths).  Are you registered as an immigration adviser perhaps?  A little bit more info and I'd be glad to refer business your way from folks I meet along the way! ;)

Sponsored Links