Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Hi everyone can someone please help us with a few questions  (Read 1331 times)

• Love My Brit David
  • Liked: 0
Hi everyone can someone please help us with a few questions
« on: January 08, 2006, 07:26:22 PM »
Hi Everyone, here is our story,
I have known my Brit for almost 2 years, He came to NY to stay with me for a month, And me & My son came back with him on a visiting visa, my time is up at the end of feb.. I will have been here 6 months,
We are going back to NY on Feb 11, to go to NYC for mine & my sons fiancee visa and my sons visa.
I have a letter from his Birth Father giving his consent even thou I have sole custody.

my question is
1..Does my son have to be at the appointment with me in NYC we are applying in person.

2.  we are going to use the fasttrack online application. can we then make an appointment in NY??
This is so confusing to us.. and we only have 6 weeks to go
thanks for any help that can be given.
Melissa & David

David & Melissa

• Going somewhere doesn't take you anyplace else.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Hi everyone can someone please help us with a few questions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 08:15:25 PM »
Welcome to UKY!

I don't have the answers to your questions, but I am sure someone will chime in soon. Good luck on your move! :)
The only meaning anything has is the meaning you give to it.       ~Author Unknown

2006 Work Permit -> 2011 ILR -> 2012 Dual Citizen

• Does my bum look big in this?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 08:24:54 PM »
I could be wrong, but I think whether or not your son needs to attend the appointment depends on how old he is....anyone know for sure?
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 08:36:35 PM »
My seven year old and baby did not have to attend with me at the NY Consulate.

• Love My Brit David
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 07:36:55 PM »
Hi everybody, Thanks to those who replied. I wonder if anyone does know if there is an age determination as to whether my son will need to be there. he is 10.

The other thing that is not clear on the British Consul site in NY is about how many appointments you have to make if you are bringing your partner with you to the consul. Do I need to make 2 appointments  -- or if I bring my son too do i make that 3? Thanks for everyone helping on this forum.

David & Melissa

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 08:31:59 PM »
Hi everybody, Thanks to those who replied. I wonder if anyone does know if there is an age determination as to whether my son will need to be there. he is 10.

The other thing that is not clear on the British Consul site in NY is about how many appointments you have to make if you are bringing your partner with you to the consul. Do I need to make 2 appointments  -- or if I bring my son too do i make that 3? Thanks for everyone helping on this forum.

I believe you need just the one appointment, that is all I had for three visas.  As long as you have all the required documents regarding custody, you should be fine not to take him with you.

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 08:35:43 PM »
I left my kids at home when we went to NYC...the twins were almost 4.

• Does my bum look big in this?
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 01:03:35 AM »
I can't imagine that a 10yo would be required to attend...
When I am grown-up I will understand how BEAUTIFUL it feels to administrate my life effectively.

Until then I will continue to TORCH all correspondence that bores me and to dance NAKED over the remnants of its still glowing embers.

~The Interesting Thoughts of Edward Monkton

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 06:37:05 PM »

my question is
1..Does my son have to be at the appointment with me in NYC we are applying in person.

2. we are going to use the fasttrack online application. can we then make an appointment in NY??
This is so confusing to us.. and we only have 6 weeks to go
thanks for any help that can be given.
Melissa & David

I had a look on the britainusa website and it said that you can make up to three additional applications per appointment for family members that do not wish to attend. So I would assume that your son would not be required to attend the appointment.

When you do your fast-track application online, if I remember right, you can save the online app. for up to thirty days? Appointments for the NYC consulate can only be made for up to two weeks in advance and the places go quickly. So it pays to have everything in order, plane reservations, etc..

If you don't already have it, I'll give you the link to the britainusa website. Its very helpful and should help with some of your questions. And so are all the peeps on this forum! They've helped me more times than I can count. :)

Hope this helps!

Good luck and all the best.

http://www.britainusa.com/visas/visas.asp

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 06:48:54 PM »
I can't imagine that a 10yo would be required to attend...

From 14 and up for settlement.  ECO's discretion...

• Love My Brit David
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 04:41:09 PM »
 :) Firstly -- many thanks to those people who have replied with really useful info -- I DO appreciate it. I have been back to the visa site and looked at loads of stuff and am still not totally clear about the sequence of events.

Do I fill in the application online, submit it and then try and make an appointment at the NY office? My Brit and I want an appointment for Monday 13th of February. Incidentally, since I am at present with my Brit in the UK as a visitor, is it still Ok to submit the application from here in the UK? We travel back to the States on the 11th Feb.

David & Melissa

« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2006, 11:32:00 AM »
I checked the britainusa website's appointment calendar; they have dates open until the 25th of January. So its still going to be a bit before you can book for the 13th of February. Remember, you can only book appointments up to two weeks in advance, so be sure to keep checking, so that you don't miss out on the date that you want.

I know when I applied for my visa, I booked my appointment and plane tickets first, so I knew it was a sure thing. I actually had to shuffle my dates around slightly, as the date I originally wanted wasn't open for whatever reason. I then finished up my online app., paid for the app. fee, and then submitted it. They do ask on the application, where you currently are, when you last visited your fiance', etc. So it probably is best to make the consulate appointment first.

As far as I know, it is perfectly fine to submit your application from the UK whilst you are visiting. If I'm wrong about any of this, Garry or Victoria, please correct me. :)

Good luck and let us know how things progress! :)

All the best!

• Banned

• Liked: 4
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2006, 01:16:58 PM »
I never deal with on line applications, so it is all a bit of a mystery to me i'm afraid.

I would advise that you don't book flights until the visa has been approved.

Victoria

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 01:46:11 PM »
I never deal with on line applications, so it is all a bit of a mystery to me i'm afraid.

The problem is we can't  >:(  I have already lodged a complaint that we need access to a UAT environment.  Heard nothing.  I hope to bring it up at the user group meeting....

• Love My Brit David
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 05:35:47 PM »
 :) Thanks msbojangles!!! Again -- very helpful stuff!!! I dont actually understand garrys reply though I'm afraid!!! ???

David & Melissa

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab