Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Frequently visiting fiancee in US with visitor visa - immigration Q  (Read 570 times)

• Liked: 0
How do US immigration take frequent visitors there ?

Ive been over to see my fiancee 4 times in 6 months each time just saying im visiting a friend.

Im going to get pulled next time im sure -  maybe i will just tell them im here to see my fiancee. Thats perfectly legal isnt it ? i mean i dont need anykind of fiancee visa do I?

I do incidentally have a B1/B2 visitor visa which allows multiple entries. I got this for a 6 month USA roadtrip that I never did, before i met my Fiancee.

Any advise appreciated

Thanks
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 08:16:04 PM by geedouble »

Re: Frequently visiting fiancee in US with visitor visa - immigration Q
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 08:13:45 PM »
DH got pulled on his 13th visit in 12 months.  He had the unique situation of working offshore, so he was still receiving a pay cheque while have lots of time off.  He did tell the IO he was visiting his fiancee, but his record also showed that he never stayed for more than 30 days.  It's never a good idea to lie, but as they are naturally suspicious of people coming to visit their fiancee, it never hurts to have proof that you are returning.
Dream a dream of England .......... Some day

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 08:17:15 PM »
it never hurts to have proof that you are returning.

Definitely have that. In addition, make sure you understand immigration laws in regards to fiances and marriage because it will help if they know you understand the laws.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:17:35 PM »
Hi beccabo

Was that the first time he mentioned fiancee ? What did he say on the previous 12 visits ?

Among the stars , hi

As far as i understand, i can get married to my fiancee in the US on a regular passport or visitor visa as long as i leave after. Is that right ?

Thanks girls.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2006, 08:20:02 PM by geedouble »

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 08:24:46 PM »
I honestly don't know, this was Memphis where the visitor and resident lines were about the same, so we went through seperatly.  The IO said it was because of the amount of visits, and we hadn't been engaged very long at that time.  The only place he was almost turned back was JFK, but that was because he didn't have a return ticket, they were waiting at home for us.
Dream a dream of England .......... Some day

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 08:28:15 AM »
I visit the US at least once, sometimes twice a month under the VWP.

I have never yet had any difficulty with immigration either over the regularity of my visits or the fact I am visiting my fiance. This has been over a period of 18 months now.

The old adage tell the truth is the best.

So long as you have no intention of overstaying or marrying on a WVP entry you wont have any problems. I know a lot of people enter under the VWP then marry and subsequently overstay and then apply for adjustment of status. Technically if you wish to marry her in the USA my understanding is that you need to apply for a fiance visa and marry within 90 days of entry.

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2006, 09:54:52 PM »
If this is for the USA you do not need a visa to marry there yet as long as you are not going to live there and are returning to the united kingdom.

I visit the US at least once, sometimes twice a month under the VWP.

I have never yet had any difficulty with immigration either over the regularity of my visits or the fact I am visiting my fiance. This has been over a period of 18 months now.

The old adage tell the truth is the best.

So long as you have no intention of overstaying or marrying on a WVP entry you wont have any problems. I know a lot of people enter under the VWP then marry and subsequently overstay and then apply for adjustment of status. Technically if you wish to marry her in the USA my understanding is that you need to apply for a fiance visa and marry within 90 days of entry.

Sponsored Links