Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Butterball Turkeys  (Read 2598 times)

• Liked: 24
Butterball Turkeys
« on: November 28, 2003, 01:00:02 PM »
This is a bit late for Thanksgiving, but still time for the Christmas turkey. Iceland does carry the Butterball turkeys, I was sure I had seen them last year, and confirmed it this past week. £8.99-£14.99, might be a time limited special offer price.

www.iceland.co.uk

If this has been mentioned elsewhere, feel free to delete this Kathy. ;)

• Witchiepoo
  • Liked: 3
Re: Butterball Turkeys
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 01:06:09 PM »
I just looked online at our local Iceland stocklist and couldn't find 'butterball'.  Do they list/show it with the name 'butterball' or do they call it 'basted'?
Insert wonderfully creative signature here …

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 01:25:00 PM »
Maybe a mistake to post the link, I've never been to their website before, so I don't know. I saw them in the freezer with the other lesser turkeys when I was there. :-/ I'll check it again next time I go up town, later today.

Edit: Actually I've just registered and emailed them. Where's my Butterballs? ;-)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2003, 01:30:19 PM by admin »

• Witchiepoo
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 01:30:40 PM »
Okay, thanks Leah!  The only time I fixed a turkey over here, I used steaky bacon to cover the breast which helped to keep it lubricated.  So if they have butterballs, that's great.  If not, it's streaky bacon to the rescue.   ;)

• LisaE
  • A Brit in an American shell

• From Naples, FL to Melksham, Wilts. No contest.
    • Well House Consultants
  • Liked: 5
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2003, 08:42:24 AM »
Speaking of turkeys sold here...is anyone else shocked by the price? Gobsmacked is a better word for it. I still believe I'm robbing the store. £5 for something that feeds about 6; £7 that feeds about 10; £10 that feeds about 14; and £12 that feeds about 18!
Married to Graham, we run our own open-source computer training company in beautiful Wiltshire out of our 1814 Georgian Regency home (a former lodging house and once featured in Antiques Roadshow)

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2003, 09:10:25 AM »
I ordered my turkey from Iceland but no butterball was mentioned. On the day of delivery tho, my friendly shopper who always calls me when there are substitutions, asked if I was willing to take a larger turkey, Butterball no less! Of course, I said 'yes'! lol

It ended up being a half kilo bigger and was a pound less in cost!

He's cooking as we speak......mmmmmmm A british bird with american juices????? lol

He almost doesn't fit in the oven! Ever notice how most ovens are advertised as to what size turkey they can accomodate?? I noticed that when I was shopping for a new one a few months back. Glad he wasn't any bigger!!!!

When you are feeding 20 people, £13 ain't bad at all!!!!

Sherry
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 09:12:54 AM by GrnEyesnUK »

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2003, 12:44:51 PM »
Iceland are looking into why the website is not displaying the Butterballs I saw in the store freezer and will get back to me.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 12:45:17 PM by admin »

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2003, 03:46:52 PM »
I've gotten a reply:

On checking, the store allocated to you postcode do sell the Butterball Turkeys, unfortunately, the description showing on the site when a search for Turkey's is made, the description Butterball is not shown which is why it appears that there are none on the site.  However, I have listed a few of the Butterball Turkey codes which will bring up a Butterball, and although it is a Butterball, it will not state Butterball in the description on the site, but they are the Butterball Basted range.

03020 Butterball 2.6 Basted Turkey
04317 Butterball 3.6 Basted Turkey
04623 Butterball 6.6 Basted Turkey
09021 Butterball 8.0 Basted Turkey
10543 Butterball 7.6 Basted Turkey
10544 Butterball 8.6 Basted Turkey
10545 Butterball 9.0 Basted Turkey
10623 Butterball 6.0 Basted Turkey
10624 Butterball 7.0 Basted Turkey
18535 Butterball 4.6 Basted Turkey
23586 Butterball 2.0 Basted Turkey

Our apologies for any confusion caused.  Please do not hesitate to contact us here again at the call centre if you require any further information. Our lines are open from 8am to 11pm seven days a week on 0870 0100 867, alternatively, you can also e-mail us again on the above address.

Kind regards

Julie
Iceland Home Shopping

Now maybe you'll see some matching numbers in your online store list if they've got them.

• Witchiepoo
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »
Thanks for that Leah.  I'll keep my eye open for them!

• Life is an Adventure
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2003, 11:36:05 AM »
If you can't find a butterball turkey for Christmas here is an idea that my fiance taught me. He lifts the skin of the turkey and stuffs butter over the breast of the turkey. Being careful not to puncture a whole in the skin. This keeps the butter in which obsorbs into the turkey as it is cooking. Makes for a moister better tasting turkey.  :)
Be true to yourself.

Sponsored Links