Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Bedtimes  (Read 1108 times)

• Liked: 24
Bedtimes
« on: November 28, 2003, 04:43:09 PM »
What times do your children go to bed?

I am curious, as in my previous life they didn't start going to bed until 8:30. In this life, they're all in bed at 7:30.

Re: Bedtimes
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2003, 04:57:45 PM »
We *generally* try to get dd started in her bedtime routine around 8 or 9, but it depends on what time she woke up in the morning and whether she actually napped that day (usually she doesn't, but since starting preschool 2x a week she's been sick a lot so she's been napping more lately).
There have been nights where she doesn't go down until 10 or even 11, but usually she's in bed by 9/9:30.
But keep in mind, she's only 2, so we don't worry too much about bedtimes yet.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2003, 05:20:09 PM »
My 9 year old's bedtime is supposed to be 9 pm but because my 16 year old has a job and we have to pick him up usually between 10 or 10:30 neither of them get to bed until around 11. :-/

When my oldest isn't working his bedtime is supposed to be 10 but he always manages to find things he "forgot" to do to prolong it. >:( He says I treat him like a baby and none of his friends have set bedtimes. When he's with his dad his dad let's him go to bed whenever he feels like it..which is usually around 1 am. (This ticks me off) He has to get up at 6 for school. So when he gets home from school after staying at his dad's house he goes straight to bed and doesn't do his homework.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2003, 07:53:09 PM »
I have always been a firm believer in having a set bedtime.  It was and still is the only way I can get things done and have a little down time for myself and/or spend with my hubby.

I have always put the kids to bed at 8pm.  It wasnt until recently that I started letting Sarah to stay up a little later then the other two.  She generally goes to bed at  9pm now.  The rule on the weekends is ....they can stay up 1hr longer.....unless of course we have something special going on.  
"A nation which does not remember what it was yesterday does not know where it is today."
--Robert E. Lee

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 06:39:34 PM »
 Our 12 year old daughter is in bed by 10 on weekdays(once in a while a bit later,and weekends maybe an hour or two later.I have never really had to enforce this,because she does it on her own.She also gets herself up every morning by 6:am for school. ;D

• My home page
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2004, 02:53:45 AM »
I have always believed in a schedule for bedtimes but not too strict if sick etc.  I am usually downstairs by 8:00 but would like to bump it a little because my kids look like they need more sleep just from the look of their eyes.  My kids have slept in their own beds since they came home from the hospital and both slept through at 7 weeks.  Now I wish they would sleep through now because of late I usually end up with a 2 year old and a 5 year old in my bed in the morning.  Thank goodness I brought the kind size bed from the states!
"Life isn't the party we expected, but while we're here we might as well dance"

• You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2004, 10:57:09 AM »
I try and have both of them (15 and 10) at least in their bedrooms by 9, 9.30.  They can read or play the GameBoy or whatever.  (Surprisingly, the younger one usually reads.)  Then 10 is the bedtime for the younger one.  The older one doesn't really have a set bedtime because he usually puts himself to bed no later than 10.30!  He likes his sleep!  :D

School holidays, however... ::)
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

- Benjamin Franklin

• My little cutie
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 11:36:37 AM »
Juliona is in bed usually by 9. It all depends on how she is acting and feeling and how long her nap was during the day. But definetly no later then 9 unless we are out.

I will keep the bedtime routine in play way up till she starts school then it will change as her needs change.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 11:19:10 PM »
I try to have my 6 yo DS in bed by 8pm, 8:15 at the latest.  He really does best if he is asleep by 8:15, then he's up about 7:15/7:30 am and had time to wake up and play a bit before school.  If he's up later in the evening, then he doesn't wake up until nearly 8am, then it's too much of a rush before school (8:55 am start.)

Sponsored Links