Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Points system published  (Read 451 times)

Points system published
« on: March 07, 2006, 09:33:09 PM »
Today, i.e., 7 March, the IND published the first overview of the new points system.  It's for those on (or aspiring to) an economic migration path path into the UK.

I don't do economic migration, because I practice in the Family and Youth Mobility programmes.  But there's folks here who have questions about HSMP, Work Permits, and the like.  This article is for you, peeps.  The article is at

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/ind/en/home/news/press_releases/a_points-based_system.html

but don't be surprised if it doesn't load right away because their servers are in melt-down over people accessing this article.

PS:  When I said I just do Family and Youth Mobility programmes, the exception is Artist Visas - I do those because I interpret Artist Visas to be in Youth Mobility even though it is *officially* an economic migration path.  I don't care how old you are, if you're an artist then that's young in my book.   ;)

• Liked: 0
Re: Points system published
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2006, 09:49:18 PM »
In your opinion is this going to make it harder to qualify for HSMP?  I read the link, but I'm not sure I am comprehending all of this.  My husband is in IT and I'm a teacher, but he is the one making the application. 

Re: Points system published
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 04:27:51 PM »
In your opinion is this going to make it harder to qualify for HSMP?  I read the link, but I'm not sure I am comprehending all of this.  My husband is in IT and I'm a teacher, but he is the one making the application. 

It will be easier.

But depending upon when you get it, however, might mean having to wait the new period of 5 years to qualify for ILR.  Currently it is 4 years.  They have not yet set a time for the residence rules to change, so at least this year, it's ok.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab