Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Another Fiance Visa Question...  (Read 434 times)

• Liked: 0
Another Fiance Visa Question...
« on: March 13, 2006, 03:54:31 AM »
When applying for the fiance visa is it possible to ask for a date of the visa to start a month or two from when you apply or does one need to wait till you're ready to go? I ask this because lets say you have a home to sell and God forbid, the visa gets denied and you've already sold your home because you've waited to apply till then.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Roxy  :D
There are moments in life when taking a chance...changes everything!!!

• Mellowing with age.
  • Liked: 1
Re: Another Fiance Visa Question...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 05:27:35 AM »
The visa will have a start date based on when you tell the Consulate you're leaving.  I originally left the US in August 2004 and I got my visa in June 04 with a start date of 1/8/04.
Love your life, poor as it is. You may perhaps have some pleasant, thrilling, glorious hours, even in a poorhouse. The setting sun is reflected from the windows of the almshouse as brightly as from the rich man’s abode; the snow melts before its doors as early in the spring. Cultivate property like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Turn the old; return to them. Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts…

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2006, 06:13:47 AM »
The visa will have a start date based on when you tell the Consulate you're leaving.  I originally left the US in August 2004 and I got my visa in June 04 with a start date of 1/8/04.

Thanks, Kristi - that answers my question!!  :D

Cheers,

Roxy

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2006, 12:54:29 PM »
 Make sure you mention that you want it to be post-dated (not extended), and provide them with the date you would like it to start (assuming it is no more than 3 months in the future), and you shouldn't have any problems. *

Congratulations and good luck.

*Not to make you nervous, but there was a very tense moment when I went to apply for my fiance visa ahead of time and was told by the interviewing officer that 'it's incase there is a death in the family, not for your convenience'. The officer eventually went back to his boss to check, and things worked out in the end. (To be fair, we think he got confused between having it post-dated, and having it extended).

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2006, 05:47:28 PM »
Make sure you mention that you want it to be post-dated (not extended), and provide them with the date you would like it to start (assuming it is no more than 3 months in the future), and you shouldn't have any problems. *

Congratulations and good luck.

*Not to make you nervous, but there was a very tense moment when I went to apply for my fiance visa ahead of time and was told by the interviewing officer that 'it's incase there is a death in the family, not for your convenience'. The officer eventually went back to his boss to check, and things worked out in the end. (To be fair, we think he got confused between having it post-dated, and having it extended).

Thanks, Norternlad - I'll keep that in mind when we get ready to file.

Cheers,

Roxy  :D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab