Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Transfering from US office to UK office- questions  (Read 467 times)

• Liked: 0
Transfering from US office to UK office- questions
« on: March 14, 2006, 01:10:26 PM »
Hello All,

First, I want to say I'm excited to find this board.  I came over to Englad on January 13th for a long term work project and ended up being offered a permanent position here.

My boss isn't v. familiar AT ALL with the transfer process and I want to make sure I understand it clearly so (for lack of a better term) I don't get screwed by HR.

I'm currently a US employee of my company.  I will be transferring to the UK office under the same position.  From a work visa perspective, how long will it take and what paperwork does my company need to file in order to start this process?

Also, what should I ask for in terms of package?  I've received some suggestions from colleagues already such as tax equalization, cost of living adjustment, etc.

Any advice or websites you could point me to that walks through the process step by step for my situation would be awesome.

Thanks!
Jill

• Banned

• Liked: 4
Re: Transfering from US office to UK office- questions
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 01:32:55 PM »
The UK entity will need to apply for a work permit.  If you have been with the company for 6 months then it will be a Tier 1 application.  Full details are on www.workingintheuk.gov.uk  The application must be made once you are out of the UK, and when it is approved you must go to the British Consulate to apply for entry clearance.

The whole process should not take more than a couple of weeks.

Victoria

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab