Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: American Photographer in the UK :)  (Read 25617 times)

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
  • Liked: 2
American Photographer in the UK :)
« on: March 15, 2006, 05:48:30 PM »
Well, that's me basically :).  This past year things have taken off, and it's been great. But I havn't really shared with alot of people here about what I have been up to.  I just got a magazine cover, for a Wedding planning magazine that will be in circulation for the next 5 months or so.  That came as a shock, and I didn't believe it until they sent me copies, lol.   

I currently am focusing on weddings, bridal portraits, and lifestyle portraits.  I don't do 'grip and grin' portraits, but rather I stalk my subjects (in a friendly way,,lol) and photograph them as they are just being themselves. Once they are aware of me shooting, they put on their 'camera faces', so I would rather let the moments just happen, and capture them with my camera when they are less camera aware. I do all the post processing of images, touch ups,  etc. 

I travel to the States alot, and have 3 weddings I will be shooting there in May. :) 

So if any of you have a desire for a life style portrait, or need someone who will document your wedding, in a storybook reportage style, I hope you remember me ;)

My website will always be a work in progress, because I am constantly adding and removing images, but feel free to visit :)

www.murakamiportraits.com

If you do contact me thru the site, be sure to let me know you came from UKYankee.

Thanks to Leah for letting me plug myself :) She gave me permission ages ago, but I was waiting until I had the website working properly, lol.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Re: American Photographer in the UK :)
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 06:14:49 PM »
Beautiful work, Tebs!  I would hire you, if I was getting married here in the UK  ;)

• Liked: 0
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 06:35:44 PM »
Beautiful work!
Bored

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 07:30:54 PM »
Lovely photos and excellent website.

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2006, 07:40:10 PM »
Thanks guys, it's something I really love doing :)  I have yet to put up the normal portraits, hubby is about to redesign the gallery, and has asked that I wait on putting more images up. But I will do families and children too. I am wanting to do a fun style tho, rather than the formal portrait styles.  I should have those up soon :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 08:26:52 PM »
I so wish you were around for our wedding! 

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2006, 08:30:34 PM »
Mine too!  Your work is stunning!

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2006, 01:05:33 PM »
Your pictures are absolutly gorgeous, I can't stop looking at them.  I even asked df if we could book you but, his parents surprised us with another photographer.  I might have to get you to take some of our "family portraits"  when we start a family.  Do you have any other pictures?  You def have a talent.  WOW :o

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 02:26:30 PM »
beautiful work!  What do you do with families?  My kids aren't particularly photogenic in formal portraits and the best pictures we have of them are candid ones.  We need some pictures of them before they are all grown up!
Riding the rollercoaster of life without a seat belt!

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2006, 07:19:02 PM »
I have alot of work that isn't on the website yet. The husband is about to redo it, so when he gets the new code written, the galleries will be different and more work will go up.  I have a backlog of work that I am working on, so that should be going up soon.

I want to specialize in doing unique portraits, weddings, families and children. I have thus far, focused on weddings and engagements, because that is the hardest type of storytelling photography to master.  I  havn't marketed yet for families and children, but I do want to approach that market too. I don't plan to do studio type work, because I think there is so much beauty in most environments, I want to have that as the settings, and make use of natural light as much as possible. I prefer not to pose people, but to just let them be themselves, and get shots as they happen. I watch the light, the backgrounds, and such, but the expressions I prefer to just let happen. Now, I may do silly things to get a reaction LOL. 

I am in Houston right now, mainly for my daughter's prom, and graduation. I don't think she would mind if I show you a few of the shots from this past Saturday night. They were in a rush at the end, so I didn't get many shots. 

http://terimurakami.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=42

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 07:09:25 PM »
Hi,

I love your work.  I work with a bridal magazine here in the UK.  We are always on the lookout for photographers.  We are planning the cover of our next issue as we speak. 

Please drop me a line if you'd like more details. 

How long have you been here? 

Roni x
New Mexican, Texan, Californian living in Derbyshire!

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 08:52:31 PM »
I love your work Teri. All the best with your business.

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 09:27:36 PM »
Awww,, thanks Roni, you have a PM, lol

Ricki, you are a star :) Thanks so much for your kind words :)

Teri

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2006, 09:34:29 PM »
Not only is Teri a great photographers, she's also a good therapist ;)

June

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Murakami Photography
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2006, 09:47:28 PM »
LMAO! I should do like "Lucy" in the Peanuts comic, and do sessions for 5 cents,,LOL. Or maybe for chocolate? ;)

Sponsored Links