Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Three layer magic jello going nuts!  (Read 906 times)

• Liked: 1
Three layer magic jello going nuts!
« on: December 16, 2003, 05:25:41 AM »
This is driving me crazy....does anyone remember the three layer jello?  Not the one that you make the layers with sour cream or cool whip.... but one where you would whip up the stuff and it would magically turn into three different layers in the jars?  One jello type layer, one mixed layer and one fluffy layer?  It was sold in the 1970's.  I used to love the stuff as a kid and cannot remember who made it, what it was called, even if it was American.

The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Rhia's hubby -  the new start in life for me
  • Liked: 0
Re: Three layer magic jello going nuts!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 05:40:14 AM »
well rhia remembers it and she asked if the bottom of the bowl has ridges in it?    She says its american but for the moment she cant remember the name but it may come to her tonight. :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2003, 05:40:56 AM by waterbeetle_2000 »

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 04:05:20 PM »
Sorry peeps but I don't remember it but wished I had tried it - it sounds yummy!

Happy hunting.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 04:42:01 PM »
It was called Jello 1-2-3. :) You mixed it up and put it in the dish and it automatically separated into 3 layers. The top one was creamy like cool whip and the middle layer was a little bit more like mousse and the bottom layer was jello. I think it was sold in the early 80's but can't really remember.

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 05:08:02 PM »
Peeps have you thought about going online to the jello site?  They could probably tell you there if you can still purchase it.
Give a man an inch and he thinks he's a ruler!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 05:17:42 PM »
I was on last night but could not figure out the name to do a search.  

I bet they discontinued it..but now I can go check!!

Thanks guys....I KNEW someone would know!
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2003, 05:24:58 PM »
Does anybody remember Freakies cereal? It had characters called Freakies on the box and you got a plastic one inside each box. They were really weird looking and each had a name. My friend thinks I just dreamed it up but I remember the stuff. My mom would hardly ever buy it for us..I think she bought it once or twice..but I'd eat it at my cousin's house. It's one of those things I'd probably hate now but back then we couldn't get enough of it. ::)  

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2003, 09:46:11 PM »

Jello 1-2-3,there you go!

At first Vnice,I though you meant the jello thats already made up.I know they still sell that in Krogers etc...Thats where the ridges comment that hubby made, came up ;D :D

Melissa,dont remember that cereal,but here is a link for it ;D
                          http://www.freakies.com/

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 12:11:42 AM »
Thank you Rhia. :) Now I have proof. I'm not nuts..I didn't make it up and I can now prove it. ;D

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab