Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How "dirty" was your animal after the flight??  (Read 965 times)

• Liked: 0
How "dirty" was your animal after the flight??
« on: April 01, 2006, 09:35:02 PM »
Probably a stupid question, but I'm wondering if your dog/cat soiled themselves while in their carrier on the flight?  Thanks.

Re: How "dirty" was your animal after the flight??
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 09:41:59 PM »
Raisin didn't but she had some "funky" airplane smell that lasted a day!  She hates baths, I didnt have the heart to give her one when we got home.  It wore off and she smelled like normal dog again. :P

• Snaps
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 09:50:39 PM »
My cat is white so if there had been any "dirt" it would definitely have shown up! He was squeaky clean!
My Project 365 photo blog: Snaps!

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 10:40:36 PM »
i brought 2 cats over on BA - in their own portable cages with some litter.  they were fine.  I put a full litter tray down as the base of their carriers - that was the key, with a layer of litter

animals dont like to sleep in their own stuff, so don't even know if they went

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 11:27:59 AM »
My cat apparently soiled in the cage because when I got it back I was like, "ugh where is the blanket I left in there for her?"  They threw it away and couldn't find it!  They said if the animals soil the cages they trash everything in there.  I was a little mad because it was her favorite blanket, it was soft and she liked to kneed it.

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 11:35:47 AM »
I put "puppy pads" down on the bottom.  At least then, it is like a diaper and absorbs all the wet.  I once put newspaper down.  big mistake, it just makes everything yucky.  My poor cat was  a mess.   The puppy pads worked really, really well.  by the time I picked her up at Heathrow, she was nice and clean, so was her bed.
Riding the rollercoaster of life without a seat belt!

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 12:15:51 PM »
I put "puppy pads" down on the bottom.  At least then, it is like a diaper and absorbs all the wet.  I once put newspaper down.  big mistake, it just makes everything yucky.  My poor cat was  a mess.   The puppy pads worked really, really well.  by the time I picked her up at Heathrow, she was nice and clean, so was her bed.

I used puppy pads too, but I also wanted to put something in the cage that was familar to her and that had my scent on it.  Just don't put anything that you hope to get back in there   ;)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab